new, more accurate Chinese C12 body!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my biggest concern. I doubt if you can fit a 34 mm capsule inside without getting into trouble.
I suppose a 32 mm capsule would be better. (But where do you find a good quality 32 mm. CK12-style capsule...)
I wonder why they've done it like this then. Maybe expecting the smaller, electret capsules that seem to be prevalent in lots of cheap LDCs now. Looks like it's got 2 layers of mesh but I can't quite tell?
Seems a bit random, the whole thing...

I think they made a mistake in production. the edge of the basket should be flush with the rim. now it's inside, so it's hard to fit the 34mm capsule. this is the reason why these body are available for everyone on aliexpress

Attachments

• IMG_20230610_123657.jpg
    IMG_20230610_123657.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230610_124522.jpg
    IMG_20230610_124522.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 5
I think they made a mistake in production. the edge of the basket should be flush with the rim. now it's inside, so it's hard to fit the 34mm capsule. this is the reason why these body are available for everyone on aliexpress
Could be like that. I like the second version better optically, lol.🤪

Has anyone got a fitting 34mm capsule in or a hot tip for a good, smaller capsule?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1258968820...4wwX2wntXlgApnl711GiUj0w==|tkp:Bk9SR4qB3ub4YQI just found this C12 body. It seems to be from the same guys that make the cheap U47 with the cutout for the pattern switch. What I like about this is that the end bell holding the connector is integral to the mic frame, so if you really wanted you could mount a Binder connector or something and use a swivel mount. Drilled for an XLR. Problem is that the frame is not designed for the common C12 projects. If they even fit, I say just use angle brackets or zip ties. There's also the question of its size; they say it's 225mm, but that thing looks longer than the C12VR. Original C12 is like 250mm. It's also dirt cheap! 50 bucks? I hope it's original size, because I bought a big fat Moby transformer that won't fit in an Apex body with the Matador boards.
EDIT: Actually, diameter is supposed to be 43mm. I contacted to see if they also have shockmount. Will report.
No cool shockmount, just the cheapie one that comes with the APEX and and pretty much any Chinese condenser mic.
Who has the best Circuit card for this TF12 Microphone?

Just seems bizarre that the Chinese manufacturers keep getting the dimensions (251 & C12) wrong. They would sell a ton if they were correct. Like their bad overpriced CK12 which is a joke. Adjust those machines and get it right!

(But where do you find a good quality 32 mm. CK12-style capsule...)

An outfit called Pixel Pro Audio on eBay sells a 32 mm capsule for $60, but I cannot say whether they are CK12 type. Perhaps this would fit and sound good: https://tinyurl.com/2tvr5kfw
They sell a similar model for $69, but I cannot discern a difference between them.

I am considering one as a replacement for working MMX 880 microphone I purchased for ... ahem ... just $20 US at a nearby hamfest. It looks and sounds good, but the original capsule was damaged when someone used a brush to clean debris from the diaphragm. I replaced the original capsule with a low cost blue-sided 34mm Chinese edge-terminated capsule I had on hand, and it sounds really good. And yet, I contemplate one of the 32 mm capsules mentioned above.

Perhaps this would work for your application, as well? James

Back