New design API 525... UPDATE.. METAL IN..PCBs IN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shave my ass and paint me yaller........ Lundahl LL1540 on the input. I thought of that about a month after I received my first pass boards. I thought that was my little secret. I guess not. Great minds think alike. I would want a pair of these PCB's. Thanks, DANA.

Well.... there seems to be enough interest for a small run.
Here's a very rough front panel layout.
I'm thinking of making it to suit Jeff's API stylee knobage... comments.
The term switch would become the stereo switch.

rough.jpg

Might be interested.  I bought a bunch of the first batch and then my life took a few tumbles... and ain't gots nuthin' done.  Was the wiring a biitch on the first ones?

Would we use the same API irony thingies? 

How hard is this to put in a rack box, cause I don't have an API rack and prefer me not to get one...

tommypiper said:
Might be interested.  I bought a bunch of the first batch and then my life took a few tumbles... and ain't gots nuthin' done.  Was the wiring a biitch on the first ones?

Would we use the same API irony thingies?  

How hard is this to put in a rack box, cause I don't have an API rack and prefer me not to get one...

Not really that bad, specially if your not making it into the 1.5" wide space. It's a good deal for those who passed up on the first go round or wants the transformer input. I've got 2 done and 2 that I need to wire.

Skip the attack pot issue and place a jumper in it's place, set the pcb up like the schematic on Dan Alexander's site.

Api iron should be the same, and I think for the most part the original kit had more options to where you place the switches. Overall racking options would be the same pain in the ass, this is just looks like a slightly less of a pain.

I'll probably sell a pair of finished ones to fund a pair of linking units.

BTW Peter it's a smashing set.... in the most compressing way.

i wouldn't have that kind of money until after new years... i'm skint too right now, and i'm supposed to be saving, not spending! :(

err... how much do you want for it?

haima said:
i wouldn't have that kind of money until after new years... i'm skint too right now, and i'm supposed to be saving, not spending! :(

err... how much do you want for it?

If you're skint, anything is too much.

Back