New GSSL Layout Proposal - Anyone Interested?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry this tread had to be destroyed. I was really interested, and now I have to admit that this immaturity has made the idea of a couple new GSSL layouts/designs a lot less fun.

What a bummer.

At any rate, maybe a new thread for this is in order since Igor has rendered this one useless. Just a thought.

P.S. Igor, much respect to you and all you've contributed to the forum and for the very cool projects you offer.

Edit:
P.P.S  Ruckus, any word on what we had P.Med about? No pressure. ;)

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE:

About paralleling VCAs, I vote no. SSLTech posted about this ages ago, IIRC, DBX did it to reduce THD, but the new THAT 218x chips are light years ahead of the old VCAs in the 202s, so if you're really worried about it,  use the "A" version and you'll be way ahead of the old ones.

I will simply stay off after answer on my question from "designer".... I promiss ;)
Just a Q.  How many mV at original's sidechain's out proceed a 1 db change in compression?

My biggest WOW factor would be to teach people if I could. :) And I see the art and passion in your design trust me. I hope my language transfers to Hebrew well. Sometimes there is a language barrior. And things mean different in other languages. And hope I didn't offend you that way.

John

No, I can understand you, good words. I totally FUBARooo'ED between Nabokov's Russian and street Hebrew at 1997. Anyway, for guy started this thread: in simple words: design your stuff, don't follow me. I can do Chinese boards which will cover all you can do (as I not noob in this field) for $35...45 for whole this project, with crap metalization and possible shorts on board.
I really will do it if will not get the answer on my question from "designer" within 12 hours.

Anyway, I'd off this thread. separate therad will not help actually, if it follows mine-I will react :)

mitsos said:
BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE:

About paralleling VCAs, I vote no. SSLTech posted about this ages ago, IIRC, DBX did it to reduce THD, but the new THAT 218x chips are light years ahead of the old VCAs in the 202s, so if you're really worried about it,  use the "A" version and you'll be way ahead of the old ones.

It's burried in all the BS of the last 2 pages but I don't have any intention of parralleling them.  My personal opnion is it's a waste of 30 or so dollars worth of VCA's.

Just a Q.  How many mV at original's sidechain's out proceed a 1 db change in compression?

Wow. I definitely know who's kit I am NOT going to buy.  :-\

I know it may be premature ruckus but I plan on buying at least one, possibly two boards when you get this up and running. Sorry if I missed this, but were you planning on selling just the boards? I usually have my own front panels made.

Don't care.
Does anybody know who the moderators are on the board?

I have nothing to say more, and I off this topic. Good luck ;)

I say you lay off those wacky beers Igor and come visit Stagefrightrecords and I will give ya some local wacky home brews. Even my own invention wich you are welcome to partake in. And I made it myself.

John

Well...

This forum as well and truly turned to shit hasn't.  ::)

It really seems absolutely STUPID to attempt to try and declare any
form of originality on a forum based around basically "copying stuff".

my 2cents.

And if you do want to claim them as your own, keep them off the
forum. It's that simple... because just like you have taken other
people's ideas... other people are going to take yours.

Fuck man... This place is quickly becoming worthless.

Hi Ruckus, I'm in for 1 maybe 2 boards. Another ratio is a great idea, Turbo and PSU in the main board would be excellent too, but unlike lots of people here, I would be interested in a sidechain filter, a simple one with 2/3 lo freq is usefull on a mixbuss. Anyone esle ?

And please, by now, not a word or anything related to "Igor's interferences" in this thread.

Peace ;).

Ben.

Uh Ben  , you can look if you like
at which order these have started
one doesn't get to dictate even in their own thread

I'll likely buy a pair of each

Thanks for all the support guys.  I've been staring at OrCAD & PADS for 5 days straight with very little sleep, so good to know it's not all for nothing ;D.

Back to topic, based on all of you feedback and input, I think I've come up with the final gameplan and am wrapping up the schematic now.  For obvious reasons I don't want to broadcast all of the final details at this moment, but it will incorporate many of the features discussed and will have almost all of the options one could want.

-Simple dual HPF will be incorporated. 60/90/130/200 cutoff as well as external send and return for ducking.  I want to stay away from the "thrust" circuitry as that is patented and am aiming for a completely legal design.

-202 support - absolutely

-As far as front panel metalwork - this is still up in the air, but it is likely.  I understand not everyone will want it.

I will have something for everyone to see in the coming weeks so stay tuned:)

ruckus328 said:
I want to stay away from the "thrust" circuitry as that is patented

But nothing will prevent you adding a "tilt" filter to the sidechain (shelved low cut and high boost together) and calling it "tilt" instead of "thrust".

Back