PRR-176 Vari-Mu Rev 3 PCB Group Buy(CLOSED)! & CLX-VU Circuit Boards!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing.  Your build manual doesn't talk about installing the semiconductors, and the pcb is not labeled as to which pins are E, B, or C.  Maybe adding this to your build manual would be helpful.

usekgb said:
Another thing.  Your build manual doesn't talk about installing the semiconductors, and the pcb is not labeled as to which pins are E, B, or C.  Maybe adding this to your build manual would be helpful.

Lets keep questions and ideas like this in the build thread. Thanks!

abechap024 said:
usekgb said:

Lets try to keep questions and ideas like this in the build thread. Thanks!

transformers are FINALLY in stock from antek!!! I ordered mine just now!!! WOO HOO, still waiting for the kits to show up but they will get here soon i am sure!! soon i will be able to build the compressor and squish my brains out with classic DBX compression!!!

I ordered from Antek last week.  They had mentioned there was a fire in the facility so they had lost all records of previous purchases. 

Bummer.  Hope they can get back on their feet, one transformer at a time.

abechap024 said:
R30 is needed as is the BC550. I just noticed R30 is not on the BOM. smeg. I don't know how that happened. Email me @ [email protected] with your address, anyone that needs those parts. Sorry about that.
Thanks.

So R30 is needed? I thought I saw earlier in the build thread that R30 was not needed if using the THAT chip. If so, is it 200R? Also, how important is getting a bc550c? Can I use a similar equivalent?

Thanks Abe, almost done!

Brian

kramerb1 said:
abechap024 said:
R30 is needed as is the BC550. I just noticed R30 is not on the BOM. smeg. I don't know how that happened. Email me @ [email protected] with your address, anyone that needs those parts. Sorry about that.
Thanks.

So R30 is needed? I thought I saw earlier in the build thread that R30 was not needed if using the THAT chip. If so, is it 200R? Also, how important is getting a bc550c? Can I use a similar equivalent?

Thanks Abe, almost done!

Brian

R30 is 1K, BC550 is pretty jellybean type, I bet you could switch it out and it would still be fine. You can email me your address and I can send you those parts [email protected]

has everyone else gotten their kits yet? I am still waiting on mine to arrive. I am sure i was one of the last to order, but it has been a few weeks now

transformer showed up today but still no kits........ bumming hard. wonder if they got returned and are stuck in the mail on the way back or something?

Curran said:
transformer showed up today but still no kits........ bumming hard. wonder if they got returned and are stuck in the mail on the way back or something?

Hi Curran,
Have you gotten my email that I replied to you? I remember sending yours out, but just to double check can you pm me your paypal address so I can find the transaction? Thanks
Abe

sent PM, but no word back so I will just post me address' here and you can tell me the skinny on my compressor's!  2036 18th st sw akron ohio 44314(billing address and studio address)  2198 25th st sw akron ohio 44314 is the mailing address I requested the compressor kits should be sent to. let me know what happened! thanks for your help mang!

love Curran

Curran said:
sent PM, but no word back so I will just post me address' here and you can tell me the skinny on my compressor's!  2036 18th st sw akron ohio 44314(billing address and studio address)  2198 25th st sw akron ohio 44314 is the mailing address I requested the compressor kits should be sent to. let me know what happened! thanks for your help mang!

love Curran

Hi Curran,
I think we keep on missing eachother, I replied back that I needed your paypal address (so I can search for the transaction) I have 2 extra kits sitting here incase somehow you fell through the cracks, but I just need to verify. Sorry and thanks man! We'll get it worked out :)

ok I PM'ed you the correct way this time and I also sent you the info from the paypal transaction, so this should help you find my goodies I hope!! thanks again for the help here!

Curran

Just a post to clarify if anyone if confused by ME. Abe is being completly awesome about my Missing kits, he is not scamming me or anything. I have made the situation confusing for HIM since I have like two or three old out of date emails that he has been trying to contact me through. ALSO I am not getting PM's or emails through the DIY site because I am not doing something correctly. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Abe is being awesome and taking care of me, ALL of the issues with me getting my kits are pretty much on me as a goober. Sorry Abe I did not mean to make this into an ordeal. and I know you are taking care of me on it. Thanks again and SORRY for the head ache

Back