Rode NTK Mods

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W DeMarco

A client gave me a Rode NTK tube mic, I like it but wonder if anyone has done something that might make me like it more! !

Anyone moding these mics?

Will

You are asking that here? Did you even do a search?

This is funny

Did I post where to search?

I asked if you searched

For Kev
have you read this thread?

You don't need to change all the parts in that short writeup.

I read through the mod at the above site rather quickly and did not take to much notice of the specific changes but they all seemed to be quality upgrades. I all for that. Once I settle in I'll give it some more time. Thanks folks :guinness:

Make sure your desoldering is good, and that you can keep a nice clean board. Gus has mentioned several times the importance of cleaning of flux etc, especially on the Hi Z parts of the curcuit.

I attempted this before I really knew what I was doing and butchered up the pcb in my K2 quite badly. :oops:

It's ok, the mic eventually went on to become something else.............. :wink:

bringing up this old thread.

i've got a spare Rode KTK without power supply, can i use a G7 power supply?

Commenting on an ancient thread.

Like someone else up here, I got a Rode NTK for free about a year ago, and I had heard mixed things about the Rode capsules, so I have a friend who is a Peluso dealer, and I got a good price on their CEK12, so I had a friend replace the stock capsule with the Peluso. As has been mentioned in other Rode threads, they use the same PCBs from the K2 in the mic and the PSU, so once my friend had it, he realized it was nothing to add the Pan Pot to the PSU. Since I got the thing for free this seemed like a reasonable investment. When I got the mic it had a bad tube, so I bought the JJ6922 and it sounds great.

I should have noticed this from the beginning because I took a photo of the mic PCB when I was changing the tube, and it said K2rev3 (or something similar) right on it.

I had a friend with a laser cutter make me a label plate for the PSU and I think it looks pretty darn good. A very usable mic for a small investment.

Attachments

• rode_tube_.jpg
    rode_tube_.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back