SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R1 = 48,5Ω / R3 = 2,2KΩ
the 4 resistors are OK so are the 2 inductors...
unsolder R5 of 4.7k toward to C5 and measure
If it's good, leave it unsoldered,
stick R4. R2. R1. R3 in place and power the microphone
if it still manifests itself, you have a short circuit to which the transformer connections

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_122941.jpg
    IMG_20240319_122941.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 0
2,5v at all the R and the 2 L (down the board) with 4,7KΩ unsoldered...
Are we gonna check now what's inside the "bell" of the transfo ???

let's also eliminate any defects from the audio circuit up to the transformer

How exactly would anything there, drag down the DC tapped off the transformer's secondary??? I would love a (rational) explanation.

The audio circuit's only connected to the secondary, and the power rail, through that 4k7 that was measured good.

As i said, even if that was between the power rail and ground, the voltage "before" that would end up around 22v (4k7 load, 1.1k+3.4k equivalent resistance in series with the phantom supply).

measure if there is a short circuit between gnd and the ends of resistors R4 R3

If there is one, it won't be a direct short circuit - 1-2v between that point and ground would mean about 200 ohms or so.

Are we gonna check now what's inside the "bell" of the transfo ???

I don't know, are we?????

And since the wires between the two boards were the way they were i would also check the wires within the transformer "case".

I "only" suggested this an hour and a half ago...

I wanted to rule it out completely
BJT 1015 and R6 1.5k burned out among OTHER faults

Silicon does indeed usually fail short; resistors don't. Even if the BJT was shorted, the resistor would've seen maybe ~300mW, if my math isn't too far off. Not exactly "burn" territory...

While that is of course true, all(?) of the soldering looks pretty "factory" to me. But what do i know? :D

Back