SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must "trace" wich wire is wich...

Attachments

• pict-1.jpg
    pict-1.jpg
    1,012 KB · Views: 0
  • pict-2.jpg
    pict-2.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pict-3.jpg
    pict-3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I must "trace" wich wire is wich...

Middle black should go to XLR 1; white on the same pad should be transformer primary negative.

Black & green going to R3 & R4 should be the transformer secondary.

Red should be transformer primary positive.

Pink & other white should be XLR 2 & 3 (you'll have to double-check which is which, AND make sure the right wires go to the right pins of the XLR).

Now would be the time to measure resistances between all combinations of those six pads.

Be systematic - starting from the bottom, black-to-pink, black-to-red, black-to-black/white, etc, then pink-to-red, pink-to-black/white, and so on...

OK...
B > P = 52Ω
B > R = 1,8MΩ (keep o, rising...)
B > B&W = same rising...
B > 2nd W = 100Ω
B > G = 52
I go on...

B&W > 2nd W = 1,8MΩ (keep on rising...)
B&W > G = 1,8MΩ (keep on rising...)

2ndW > G = 52Ω

et voilà...

That all checks out, so... Wtf???

The same XLR cable you used with this, works fine with other mics? And in both inputs of your small interface (and/or the 1810C)?

That all checks out, so... Wtf???

The same XLR cable you used with this, works fine with other mics? And in both inputs of your small interface (and/or the 1810C)?
Yes Sir !
The values around the Tr are ok for you ?
If so, then let's go back to the first board (pre-board)

Yes, "unfortunately" the wiring here looks ok.

Just to make it clear for my brain, i doodled out the connections, and i hope the labeling makes sense.

Transformer primary winding is ~123 ohms (R3 & R4 in parallel with it can be ignored for this); the secondary about 50-52 ohms.

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_141047.jpg
    IMG_20240319_141047.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Yes, "unfortunately" the wiring here looks ok.

Just to make it clear for my brain, i doodled out the connections, and i hope the labeling makes sense.

Transformer primary winding is ~123 ohms (R3 & R4 in parallel with it can be ignored for this); the secondary about 50-52 ohms.
so as you said earlier, it's a 2:1 or so...

Latest posts

Back