Small Coil Winder Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bill,

What a fantastic thread. If I am keeping up we are focusing on the transformer winder project.

We can officially throw our interest towards polishing the Winder design with full gusto. While the particulars are beyond our skill level, we would be interested in building out the design with some guidence of course. We have a small budget for equipment my family and I would love to contribute to this project.

What is a general idea of cost to build a prototype?

Let me consume this thread and see what I can learn. Very cool!

Wall

Some advance, everything fit.

The resistors under the op amps are very close to the connectors but they fit. It might be difficult to unsolder.

The decoupling cap of out + is touching the module but nothing that a little bend of the cap legs can't solve.

I need to try it over a raspberry pi.

That is all for now.

Thanks Bill for the board and microcontrollers!

Attachments

• IMG_20220310_220526.jpg
    IMG_20220310_220526.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
Great stuff Rafael :)

I built one here and confirm everything you've said .

I've run out of PICs and new ones are like rocking-horse s*** and Raspberry-Pis have ceased to exist!

I'm trying to work out how I can get the program/app to operate two machines (i.e. a second plugged into the Pi's USB with a serial converter)

Bill

yeah I had problems trying to get the same pics you were using and get a raspberry pi today is not so easy. Silicon shortage... now with the war tubes will be problematic to get too... back to the stone age.

it´s been a slow project for me. I´m very good at starting them....

I need to do a pcb for Rpi->12 Arduinos->12 stepper drivers for my work so I was thinking that I can provably use part of it for a driver pcb so I hope to have some design for next week.

if there is a a special request please comment below. I think I will add optos for the 12 stepper drivers maybe would be a good option for this board too.

cheerz

This project is currently stuck :
The PIC 8 pin micros are back ordered until 2024 , ebay examples are offered at 25x their actual price!

Raspberry Pi's are all but unavailable

If there was a huge demand, Id be tempted to redesign around a Raspberry Pi PICO which is at least has multiple sources.

Bill

The PIC 8 pin micros are back ordered until 2024 , ebay examples are offered at 25x their actual price!

If there was a huge demand, Id be tempted to redesign around a Raspberry Pi PICO which is at least has multiple sources.

Bill

I might me able to find the PIC in my local sources,
let me know the model of the PIC chip used

Bill
Isn't it possible to port the project onto a more commonly available platform, such as Arduino, ESP32 or Raspberry Pi?

This project is great, I am also monitoring it, I work with a simpler machine, but I am planning to build a new one. I wish you good luck!

Back