Studer 900 series user assignable switch. Can you help me, please?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacopomalusardi

Hi!
Having almost completed the restoration process of my Studer 903 mixing console, I'm starting to think about a (hopefully) simple mod regarding insert points position in the signal chain.
Right now insert points are all hardwired AFTER EQ. To enhance mixing flexibility, I'd like to insert some dynamic processors PRE EQ.
Can you help me to understand if it is possible to employ the user assignable push button (currently unused) to switch between pre eq and after eq insert points, please?
Here is the circuit diagram:

Thank you vey much!
Jacopo

To change the insert point to before the EQ I think the only place would be to place it between "P6-30" and "R184 1K3".
An connect/hardwire  "P3-15 Fader In" to "P2-2 Fader in" in order to not break the circuit.

If you want to make the insert  switchable between Pre and Pot EQ then it becomes a little bit trickier.
let me see

It's quite a bit of switching because when you connect the insert pre eq , you has to make sure that you make the connection between "P3-15 Fader In"  and  "P2-2 Fader in", and when you switch it to post eq you have to close the connection between  "P6-30" and "R184 1K3".
So it's a lot of switching, I think it would be better to use switching Relays to do this. Maybe someone has a better idea.

For you to understand it better,
check out this diagram and study it:

http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/oct09/images/TechNotes_05.jpg

As for the user assignable switch, I really dont know what it is, but looking to the schematic it looks like a DPDT switch, not enough capabilities for what you want to achieve

There are unused, unless custom ordered, switches next to the mute switches on the Studers.
Here's mine
page16-img_1771.jpg

Latest posts

Back