Sysex controller panel - Roland GP-8

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orpheusmaximo

Hi there. Does anyone know how to program sysex controllers from the manual info?
I would like to begin by making a controller panel for my Roland GP-8, like the stereoping ( hardware ) or
the TBmidi stuff ( software ).

IMG_4635.JPG

What I don't get is how you translate the sysex msgs in the manual into controller knobs.

Ideally if I master the technique, would like to make sysex controller panels for other rack gear.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm not sure what you want to achieve here, do you plan to make a hardware controller for your rack gear?

In this czse, i would recommend checking the midibox project at ucapps.de .

Especially the MIDIbox NG part which should be able to send any MIDI message on given control action (pot, encoder, fader, switch...)

Or do you want to programm an app on some tablet to do that? In this case I would recommend TouchOSC which is fully scriptable and cross-platform.

Groupdiy is not really the best place for MIDI designs although you might find some good help anyway.

Hope i've been helpfull,

Cheers,

Thomas

Thanks for the tips folks, will check the links.

Ideally the idea is a soft panel situation.

That having been said if I could I would build a one or two pots/fader that could
Send any sysex controller.

I have an M-audio keystation but it doesn't send sysex, only CC.

Once again I don't get how to translate the sysex msg,
( I think you first turn it to binary, but then what? ) ex:

GP-8 specific info from manual attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 03-36-09 Roland GP-8 manual - roland-gp8-manual.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 03-36-09 Roland GP-8 manual - roland-gp8-manual.pdf.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 0
Will try to learn to program Ctrlr anyway, would love to update my Q2 editor for the Quadraverb2
( which is 32 bits only ).

Thanks folks!!!

Latest posts

Back