tbone sct 2000 , replace "grill" ..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always serious doubts about the 'improvement' of removing layers of mesh.
Neumann often uses three layers of mesh in their microphones.
Hum with only one layer of mesh is a known problem.
It also depends on the way the microphone capsule is connected: is the polarisation voltage applied to the membrane(s), or on the backplate. This will make an important difference in the sensitivity for hum.

C12 had a windscreen that had three layers of mesh, and if you look back in old photos you will see them often.

If you put one on a perfect C12 with extremely low noise floor, don’t be surprised if the noise floor gets even lower. Faraday cage on steroids.IMG_4861.jpeg
IMG_4859.jpeg

Last edited:
Aren’t these ShuaiYin bodies often available in the classifieds? Or ye old DIY mic shop which shall not be mentioned?

You can order new headbasket from Thomann support/spare parts.
T.bone sct700 will fit too.

Advanced audio sells headbasket for this mics too.

What mod are you planing to do to this mic?
I have 2 with standard Apex 460 mod and K47 type capsule. Amazing mic for barging.

You can order new headbasket from Thomann support/spare parts.
T.bone sct700 will fit too.

Advanced audio sells headbasket for this mics too.

What mod are you planing to do to this mic?
I have 2 with standard Apex 460 mod and K47 type capsule. Amazing mic for barging.
hi i have mod it withe k47 from advancend audio and the second with M7 capsule (amazing)!, sct700 ist not optimal because this have no side holes..

hi i have mod it withe k47 from advancend audio and the second with M7 capsule (amazing)!, sct700 ist not optimal because this have no side holes..
Indeed M7 is awesome capsule,
I changed transformer to UTM as well.
Did you change zeners in PSU as well?

Probably with some drilling you can fit that headbasket .While ago I wanted to swap stock headbasket to sct700 but gave up that idea.

Indeed M7 is awesome capsule,
I changed transformer to UTM as well.
Did you change zeners in PSU as well?

Probably with some drilling you can fit that headbasket .While ago I wanted to swap stock headbasket to sct700 but gave up that idea.
now i have a price from thomann .. new grill 23,80 euro.. perfekt..
i changed psuto 120v, ich changed transformer to 3u audio and t2 utm... both sounds good.. best change was the tube to a 6072a.. or a good nos ecc81..

Latest posts

Back