The enemys of democracy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With respect Living Sounds , just because you started the thread doesnt mean you have a vito on who does or doesnt comment , of course you do have the choice to respond or not as you see fit .

136381291_10219049340246380_5302778347841837996_n.jpg

Tubetec said:
With respect Living Sounds , just because you started the thread doesnt mean you have a vito on who does or doesnt comment , of course you do have the choice to respond or not as you see fit .
Agreed.
pucho812 said:
There is circulating evidence to suggest that those who managed to get into the capitol were not part of the same protests in favor of trump but were actually BLM and Antifa activist. there is photo evidence of the same people at BLM and antifa events  and also storming the capitol. If it's true what does that tell us?
Keep 'em coming. SHAME.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-antifa-infiltration-fact-check/index.html

Matador said:
6+ is about right. I know of geniuses who brought their children to the domestic terrorists' event while flying a profane flag on the outside of their soccer mom van. I can't imagine what's wrong with our country... The Kids Are Alright(NOT).

Tubetec said:

Of course not, that's why I asked and didn't push an eject button that doesn't exist.

I guess most of us here are sick of lies and hateful fabricated nonsense.

Nobody will be convinced either way - anyway.

I just heard President Trump’s speech. That didn’t even sound like the same guy. Seems maybe the GOP gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse: Read this if you don’t want to go down as the first and only to go out under the 25th.

I guess most of us here are sick of lies and hateful fabricated nonsense.

Indeed.  I think facebook just blocked a public post I made to a friend with a differing political bent.

Just because I've not agreed with you on some points in the past doesn't mean I can't be equally tired of being misled. This is the kind of cynicism I'm trying to guard against. Be well, LS.

boji said:
Just because I've not agreed with you on some points in the past doesn't mean I can't be equally tired of being misled. This is the kind of cynicism I'm trying to guard against. Be well, LS.

All right. We don't have to agree on all points, or even most points. I do hope we agree that conspiracy theories and hate-filled lies are not just a "differing political bent".

The greatest sin of modern Republicans is “the ends justifies the means”. And I’m talking to everyone who voted to re elect Trump. Especially the evangelical Christians. You knew what you were supporting. Man up and take responsibility. That’s what led us here. When discussing Trump with my Republican friends and I point out all the odious comments, lies and behaviors, almost all say “yeah, he’s a ass/horrible person/etc, but he got so much done”. Well, now they can add a riot on our Nation’s Capital to the list of Trump’s accomplishments. Shame.

I’ll ask our Republican friends here on the forum again - where can I see the all this proof of widespread election fraud? Website link, YouTube video, whatever. Where’s the beef? I won’t be satisfied until I hear Republicans unequivocally state “Trump and the majority of the GOP lied over and over to their constituents about widespread election fraud, created doubt about our democratic process, culminating in an attempted violent coup of tallying the legitimate election results.”

I know that will never happen. When Trump was asked “what to you pray for forgiveness for?”, his answer was “Nothing. I have nothing I regret or feel the need to atone for”. Remember that when reading his half ass damage control statement about the riot after he called them “patriots” and “we love you”. As an American that intensely values the contribution of REAL patriots that have insured our freedom and way of life, sometimes with the ultimate sacrifice of their lives, I sincerely apologize to those real patriots being conflated with Trump’s Republican thugs.

You know, in all four Gospels, Jesus is accepting of prostitutes, lepers, tax collectors - people considered scum of society in that time. But Jesus had no tolerance for hypocrites. The most harsh thing Jesus would ever say is “you hypocrite”. Think about that in this context.

I can't imagine a worst possible outcome, but expect more negativity.

I won't try to tell people what to think about recent events, everybody else already is.

Good luck...

JR

JohnRoberts said:

I won't try to tell people what to think about recent events, everybody else already is.

Good luck...

JR

If our government doesn't act with a resounding condemnation of Trump and his followers, this is just a sample of what is to come. Those people attempted to overthrow our government. That is treason. Period. Let the consequences come... or let the stupidity prevail. Not enough people died at Capitol Hill this week. More will if action is not taken immediately. Swallow your pride. Do the right thing. Speak out now, Republicans. This is likely your last chance.

iturnknobs said:
If our government doesn't act with a resounding condemnation of Trump and his followers, this is just a sample of what is to come. Those people attempted to overthrow our government. That is treason. Period. Let the consequences come... or let the stupidity prevail. Not enough people died at Capitol Hill this week. More will if action is not taken immediately. Swallow your pride. Do the right thing. Speak out now, Republicans. This is likely your last chance.
thanks for proving my point about more negativity.

I won't respond with more examples, but expect more attacks.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
thanks for proving my point about more negativity.

I won't respond with more examples, but expect more attacks.

JR
I wasn't the one pushing voter fraud and supporting Trump(calling him a blowhard does not absolve you). I'm not attacking you. I've been begging you and any other Republicans to speak out against what you know is wrong, but you can keep talking about Hunter Biden and chasing the snakes out of the woodpile(at all costs), if you'd like.

edit: more negativity is the only possible outcome if people don't stand up and speak out now, not later.

And a lack of imagination is clearly part of the problem. It looks like many Republican politicians had to be herded out of the chambers themselves for the shoe to finally drop. For many of them it apperantly still has not.

History will not judge Trump's enablers and apologists kindly.

Once again Voltaire comes to mind:

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities”

JohnRoberts said:

Good luck...

JR

No need to imagine... here comes the crystal ball...
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/07/donald-trump-election-protests-riots-capitol-republican-support/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=getemails&pnespid=hLhz9OdYVxKN2Q_Fr8XtZLy8EZ0aFruw8UB1twFn

edit: JR- this is not a fringe extremist issue. Condemn these actions when speaking to your peers. Stop the stupidity.

Ok, ok, it was only an halfass attempt of a coup, and it didn´t succeed, so why all that negativity, dude, pass the roach. Btw. Antifa is very special, we love them!!! They did storm the capitol for us against our will!!!

It´s all very amusing. From afar.
3184.jpg

Back