The wisdom of large crowds (sometimes).

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too cold right now.
Tell me about it. 6 degrees yesterday morning. But got gas for $3.09. So I’m happy. Always something to fix on an older car. Rubber parts need replaced after 20 years. My 1990 Ford F-250 runs pretty good but I’m chasing a fuel pressure problem at idle but runs fine at higher RPM. Some kind of regulator problem but no problem under load.

Back around when I replaced the O2 sensors I replaced several parts that were not the problem. I suspected the temperature sending unit on the head because the engine felt like it was running lean when cold (probably was, but not because of the temp sending unit). I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator, and the fuel filter trying to find the problem, but he new O2 sensors made a huge improvement.
===
I ordered a evap vapor flow sensor and some tubing but I am running out of things to replace. There is still the original vapor canister left unmolested but that should be ok, we'll see.

JR

PS; I have to remind myself not to complain about cold weather down here in MS. I grew up in new Jersey but the coldest I remember was in the army guarding empty warehouses at Ft Riley KS in the middle of winter. I was too cold to take my gloves off to open the bottle of brandy in my pocket. That was f'n cold. :(

The evap flow sensor arrived but I guessed wrong about the tubing size... right size tubing (5/16") is on order so another week wait.

No hurry, but I am definitely running out of stuff to replace.

JR

I finally got the correct size vacuum hose tubing (1/4") so today I could replace my EVAP flow sensor, fairly easy work. I reset the idiot light (again)... It could take a few weeks to confirm it is finally fixed, but I am running out of stuff in the evap system to replace.

JR

Latest posts

Back