Twitter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then just say they’re not making sense and why rather than acting like I don’t believe or know that media lies (probably as much as anyone other group by the way) when I have acknowledged these catch phrases are started from valid truths (such as manipulation by the media), just a few posts up.
Nobody is quite sure what you are saying...they just know it's wrong. :D

He was comparing revenue per employee to apple but twitter is not exactly comparable to apple. Tesla is 661k/per employee while twitter was 681k/per. Apple was more like 2.6M/per employees, but data was from different sources.

Sounds like he is negotiating with his employees... in the press.

JR
Twitter is easier than Apple. No hardware. No manufacturing. No 3rd party supply chain. No shipping, stores, logistics. Most of the SW only companies that have taken over "Silicon Valley" are probably fat with underperformers (based on my experience there). Musk likely wants to streamline and simplify the business. He's had quite a while to study and understand the current state of the company.

the AI is suceeeding with the divisory/conqueor methodology

,oldest trick in the book
and like lambs to the slaughter we follow

I wonder what this AP report is based on, number wise. I suppose they just find some numbers on the net.

That's rather unscientific. An example: up until a week ago, Apple had around 2,5 million employee profiles on LinkedIn. Needless to say Apple doesn't have that much people working for them. AI cleaned up a lot of fake profiles, now the numbers look completely different.

Amazon and a few others had the same problem, also got cleaned up. So that seems to work for the big boys, but what about lesser known or smaller companies? And how precise is that AI process?

Musk has been trying to back out of this deal since it became obvious he was overpaying. Now the US government is investigating it for security concerns. Maybe they will bail him out. :unsure: The military is not paying him for the free internet over Ukraine.

JR

The military is not paying him for the free internet over Ukraine.
I don't think this is entirely true (I believe the US is paying some of the bill.) And from what I've read, there are more than a few crowdfunders who are paying full price for starlink setups for Ukrainian soldiers.

I don't think this is entirely true (I believe the US is paying some of the bill.) And from what I've read, there are more than a few crowdfunders who are paying full price for starlink setups for Ukrainian soldiers.
Over the last few weeks Elon has been vocal about the cost to sustain the satellite internet service with cost estimates ranging from a couple $M per month to a lot more. This just may be him negotiating some more.. He said that his company funding it gratis for perpetuity was unsustainable. He has recently backed off from his demands aimed at the Pentagon paying outright.

WWW said:
Billionaire Elon Musk said on Tuesday SpaceX’s Starlink services have not received any funding from the US Department of Defense, a day after reports said The Pentagon is considering paying for Starlink satellite network in war-torn Ukraine.

SpaceX is losing approximately $20 million a month from unpaid service and costs related to security measures for cyberwar defense, but “we’ll keep doing it (sigh)”, Musk tweeted.

I suspect there are many people who want to support Ukraine's war effort and this surely is one way.

JR

PS: Reportedly the Biden administration wants Musk to provide internet service to protesters in Iran where the government has blocked internet to thwart protests. ;)

From April. I'm sure he's been paid much more since then. His contributions to Ukraine have certainly been substantial, but his whining detracts substantially from any sort of appreciation of his seeming generosity.
Indeed: it's costing him 0.008% of his net worth to aid Ukraine, so his complaining seems pretty on-brand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...nk-terminals-ukraine-contrary-spacexs-claims/

From April. I'm sure he's been paid much more since then. His contributions to Ukraine have certainly been substantial, but his whining detracts substantially from any sort of appreciation of his seeming generosity.
USAID is not exactly a Pentagon war funding account but it is still coming from taxpayer pockets.

JR

PS: If shaming Elon for being wealthy how about shaming him for being so smart? :unsure:

Latest posts

Back