Universal switcher-any interest?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm..... Mail? Skype? :)

Hope I have some memo boards separately from first K-1 run...

Wow! I just wanna see updates from this thread. Looks totally out of reach for my simple noob brainer but wow.. Maybe some time in the future
:)

ptron said:
Wow! I just wanna see updates from this thread. Looks totally out of reach for my simple noob brainer but wow.. Maybe some time in the future
Hi ptron,

nice to see you here too,hahaha.....
Although I´m not good in all that logical stuff I was able to build those boards,5 pieces on a rainy afternoon.
So I simply trusted Igor´s layout and his great experience and voila:I did it!
The boards have a silk screen,the parts to solder are self-explaining.Pretty easy even for me!!!
See it as board with 8 inputs for (non-latching) switches and 8 outputs,capable to drive anything like relais or lamps etc. at 12vdc.
All controlled from a pic that has 8 presets where you can choose what your switches will do.E.g. just use them as "normal" switches (on-off-on-off-on-off-.....) or cycling like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-.... and so forth.
The status of them corresponds to the outputs and is indicated by led´s.I have only changed the pre resistors for the led´s to my needs.So you can use your favourite lightning switches-man,that´s cool!
Igor did a super-cool job here because it´s sooooooo universal and even more easy to build.
I have sent him a mail asking if it´s possible to add a memoryboard and will wait for a reply.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
ptron said:
Hi ptron,

nice to see you here too,hahaha.....
Although I´m not good in all that logical stuff I was able to build those boards,5 pieces on a rainy afternoon.
So I simply trusted Igor´s layout and his great experience and voila:I did it!
The boards have a silk screen,the parts to solder are self-explaining.Pretty easy even for me!!!
See it as board with 8 inputs for (non-latching) switches and 8 outputs,capable to drive anything like relais or lamps etc. at 12vdc.
All controlled from a pic that has 8 presets where you can choose what your switches will do.E.g. just use them as "normal" switches (on-off-on-off-on-off-.....) or cycling like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-.... and so forth.
The status of them corresponds to the outputs and is indicated by led´s.I have only changed the pre resistors for the led´s to my needs.So you can use your favourite lightning switches-man,that´s cool!
Igor did a super-cool job here because it´s sooooooo universal and even more easy to build.
I have sent him a mail asking if it´s possible to add a memoryboard and will wait for a reply.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

Udo.

Hello udo and thanks a lot is very encouraging. Ill look into building this soon then. (i trust igor's stuff blindfolded also.)
Eheheh i been roaming aimlessly on this forum for a year now i think. Been one of my highlights for sure. Im still in the early stages planning my analog chain and gettin it together, i been an itb producer for few years and tryin to spice things up a bit.

Again thanks for the encouragement i will be ading this project to my cart very soon :)

Best regards
Patricio

Memo boards. Uh.... One or two left from first proto (may have mistake). Some SMD to solder....
Have to make it DIY-friendly, too. OK, if there are some people who need these boards, will do.
Another opt: here is the schemo; can send programmed PIC for selfcost + shipping. Just breadboard it.

Attachments

• recaller.png
    recaller.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
Hi Igor,

thx for replying via email.
I´m running out of space on my frontpanel now and at the end of a final design,and having memories was a "nice-to-have" option.
Also my knowledge on that logical stuff is way to low.Thinking of my project as a single one with "prototype"-character it seems not to be a good idea to hook this up anymore.In case of a failure I wouldn´t even be able to repair anything in this part.
So today I decided to stay completely analogue (and simple) on it and give the panel space back to some metering stuff (which I temporarily omitted for the recaller).
My project is complex enough right now and my brain is close to exploding,hahahaha........
Maybe one day this is all more clear to me I´ll give this part a new try-on a new build,who knows....?
So for now the relais-switching with your boards will be a luxury version instead of having simple toggles,not bad at all ;).

Thank you for your efforts,

best regards from germany,

Udo.

If there are  only two options - metering and recall, I'd vote for metering too :)
Cool, please satisfy my curiosity with finished unit pictures!

Can someone clarify what switches are required for this project? SPST momentary or on-off?

Can anyone recommend some good switches - I'd like to use small illuminated switches with minimal travel if possible - rather than the kind of thing you'd find a ticket machine which is all I can currently find.

For example, what are the switches used on the expensive Mastering CRM kit?

Also - does anyone have any idea of the current drawn in a standard configuration (approximately).

Thanks

Hello,

You can use any momentary switch which is spst,just take what you like.
That means any small and low cost types like in my test rig (see my reply #38) in this thread up to expensive EAO types.Just apply the correct resistor values to the leds and you're done.
About current:
The output driver UNL2803 is a darlington transistor array capable driving up to 500mAs shared by the number of its outputs (for reference see datasheet please).
So on 8 outputs with a bit of margin you can draw arround 50mAs easily per output.
I am driving two Omron relais in parallel (each dpdt) with no issues.

Hope to have helped,

Udo.

Thanks - that is helpful.

Though I'm a little overwhelmed at the switch choices hence interested in recommendations such as those used on the mastering CRM. They look perfect and I can't find similar one's anywhere.

dashbad said:

Though I'm a little overwhelmed at the switch choices hence interested in recommendations such as those used on the mastering CRM. They look perfect and I can't find similar one's anywhere.

Me again,

as far as I remember Rochey at expat audio has some in that style,pretty small with a led inside.

Cheers,

Udo.

dashbad said:

Have a loom at the MEC switches here

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Tactile-Switches

This is the kind of thing ifyou want LED indicators :

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/IP67-Sealed-miniature-tactile-switches-with-LED-indicators-32354

You can pick ones with a cap there or choose different caps if you prefer...

Farnell as well.
http://il.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=2017+203401&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=mec+switch&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial
There are many caps available for these switches, in different shapes, colors, etc.

Back