UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's an understandable simplification, since these transformers are very similar, except the ratio. I would think the fequency response would be somewhat different, but not significantly.

The other transformers have higher ratio and if they are indeed very similar, than all the THD+N would be higher accordingly. I want to know if that is the case.

As there is no data at all for UTM0587, I wonder how measurement differs compared to others I mentioned.

The other transformers have higher ratio and if they are indeed very similar, than all the THD+N would be higher accordingly.
This is not necessarily so. Other choices may disprove this assumption.
I want to know if that is the case.
Ask the manufacturer; he's known to be quite responsive.

Hey, it’s been a minute since I checked in here. Hope everything’s good with the UTM thread. Even though it’s vacation season, I want to assure you that we’re still going full throttle despite having a smaller crew. Just a heads up and apologies in advance - order turnaround times might stretch to a few weeks, especially for those custom transformer models. If your order’s urgent or the wait’s getting too long, hit us up at the shop; we can usually bump things to the top of the list.

Also, we’d really appreciate any feedback on what we can improve in our designs or what models you’re waiting for that we don’t have yet. And yeah, I know... The Fairchild kit is coming this fall!

Also, we’d really appreciate any feedback on what we can improve in our designs or what models you’re waiting for that we don’t have yet. And yeah, I know... The Fairchild kit is coming this fall!
The Fairchild is one of the holy grail projects I'd like to build. Having a full suite of transformers available (like Sowter used to) would be amazing.

Hi,
I just received the transformers as promised. Great!
I will be able to finish my client's prototype.
Thanks a lot to the UTM team.

Kind regards,

Attachments

• 20240826_161507.jpg
    20240826_161507.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello Igor
I placed an order on August 18, and I have not even received an email confirmation. Payment is gone on that same day, though. Please keep me posted
Thanks in advance
Thomas
I placed my order on August 6th and have not yet gotten a tracking number so they must be understaffed at the moment. I got a order confirmation though and have had some contact with Igor after that and he marked my order as urgent.

It's hard to wait sometimes, makes me feel like a kid at the start of december, waiting for Santa Claus 😁

It’s OK to wait as long as there is communication, and things are clear. i have no problem with that.
My problem right now is that there is none of these..! :)

Edit : Igor answered my email telling me they were understaffed indeed and that my order will be shipped on Friday. He was surprised I didn't get the auto confirmation email ... maybe a glitch in the matrix .. Communication is back, so all good now.

Last edited:
We have recorded very sporadic instances where our customers did not receive the automatic order confirmation. (Every order is automatically confirmed by the system.) After placing an order, you should receive an email with the subject: '[UTM Industry]: New order #1234' containing the content presented in the attachment. If you do not receive such an email within a few minutes of placing your order, please contact us urgently at [email protected].

Attachments

• UTM_Industry_Order_Confirmation.png
    UTM_Industry_Order_Confirmation.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I emailed Igor and asked if he could make a pultec inductor that would work for the Gyraf Pultec. He said he would,and add it to the line sometime in September. I will be ordering a couple of those and some other goodies!
Was just thinking about this. I have a few of Ian's Poor Man's Pultec boards but have yet to source the inductors. Thanks @igs

Was just thinking about this. I have a few of Ian's Poor Man's Pultec boards but have yet to source the inductors. Thanks @igs
Hope, we can do that. Is there a standardized inductor housing that’s most commonly used for Gyraf's project? We can try to match it with the PCB holes, which would make it easier for everyone working on DIY projects. Could you please confirm the following values: 22mH, 50mH, 100mH, 175mH? We can certainly reproduce the Gyraf inductor, and it could look something like this (photo attached).
Let me know if you'd like any further adjustments :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 23.06.43.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 23.06.43.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IGS_Gyraf.jpg
    IGS_Gyraf.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
No.the values are 100mh,100mh,47mh,22mh. On the project he used Toyo inductors which had radial leads, placed on switch PCB. Here is a couple screen shots and link to project.
https://gyraf.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Do-A-Pultec.pdf
Will have to get creative mounting it or redesign the switch/control PCB. Probably just wire leads would be fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830-163739~2.png
    Screenshot_20240830-163739~2.png
    262 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240830-163725~2.png
    Screenshot_20240830-163725~2.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 0
Back