Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the D-M49 round 60mm version example,
Best,  :)
Dan,

58d1402a027d0.jpg

58d0281993c18.jpg

I doubt the MXL 990 would hold it, but specs say the outside dimension of the 990XL is 71mm x 160mm... .Could be a good candidate! I haven't pulled one open to see how it could be mounted though

kpearsall said:
I doubt the MXL 990 would hold it, but specs say the outside dimension of the 990XL is 71mm x 160mm... .Could be a good candidate! I haven't pulled one open to see how it could be mounted though

the puck is 4 inch from top capsule mount to pcb base, ? and 60mm dia
Dan,

58d0281993c42.jpg

Important Notice

I just updated the BOM for the passive 2649 psu to include a revised  250 ohm Heater trimmer that will work out adjusting to  4V 100ma consumption,  so if you stick a 39 ohm between pin 4-7 and you adjust the voltage to 4.0V,  the initial 100 ohm value got at 4.4V at 100ma at minimum , so this pot will work for those lucky that will try an AC701 someday,  keep in mind that it has been mostly calculated for higher current higher voltage 5840W tube , but this pot will cover the range better for both type tubes,  Just a precaution for slowly ramping heaters on gentle tubes,

:)
Best,
Dan,

2* D-M269c Kit left , 
4* D-M49 Square Kit Left,
4* D-M49 Round Kit Left,

Tube Socket = Sold out .

I will be shipping all paid order this morning ,  :)
thanks All and happy mic building
Best,
Dan,

Shipped this morning ,  :)
Thanks,
Dan,

2* D-M269c Kit left , 
4* D-M49 Square Kit Left,
4* D-M49 Round Kit Left,

Tube Socket = Sold out .

Shipped this morning, 

Thanks all,  :)

Best,
Dan,

i would like to purchase a 269c kit but when will you have more tube sockets in? does mouser supply a tube socket?

Toure14 said:
i would like to purchase a 269c kit but when will you have more tube sockets in? does mouser supply a tube socket?

The D-M269c does not require a tube socket ,  the tube is mounted on turrets,

Best,
DAn,

cool....2 days ago you posted that you only had 2 kits left, is one still available along with the styroflex cap kit? if so I will order now.

Also I was wondering if the flat smooth surface switches can be installed on the mic like the switches currently used on the u87ai instead of the metal throw switches for these mic builds?

Thanks

Toure14 said:
cool....2 days ago you posted that you only had 2 kits left, is one still available along with the styroflex cap kit? if so I will order now.

i do have 2 sets lefts,

Also I was wondering if the flat smooth surface switches can be installed on the mic like the switches currently used on the u87ai instead of the metal throw switches for these mic builds?

the switching pinciple and pcb is the same as in the large U87 and u67 type mic,

Best,

Thanks

Back