We really need to start having a serious conversation about this....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Population is already on a decline trajectory in most countries. The problem seems increasingly to be how to motivate people to have more children. Advanced economics are starting to experience a vast array of problems from workforce shortages due to demographic shifts.
This is just a product of the rhetoric of the 70s onwards: people were told, time and time again, by those "who knew better", those that Thomas Sowell calls "The Anointed", that the world is overpopulated, that they need to stop having children because "Earth" is suffering and that there wasn't going to be any Earth left in the next 10, 20, or 30 years. Yet, despite their failed prophecies, they insisted with their narrative and new prophecies were made; I believe that the current one is due 2040.

That combined with the shameless promotion of abortion by the UN, from the world governments, from institutions like Planned Parenthood, and figures like George Soros. The flooding of both first and third world countries with birth control, specially the latter, like it is routinely done by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, has had an obvious impact on the world population.

Governments have noticed this decline in population and have started to take measures with hopes that the birth rates will go back up to at least replacement levels, but they have failed miserably. This is understandable, how can they increase the birth rate, whilst at the same time promoting abortion, castration, and birth control? They can't, and they know it. So, what many first world countries have done is to "import" third world immigrants with hopes that they will make up for the lack of new births, however, even the third world is suffering because of the policies that the same first world countries that are now importing immigrants have implemented in the 3rd world in the past, so many third world countries are below or at marginal birth replacement rates.

It seems that the hopes for humanity are Africa, India, and the Middle East, yet, loonies like Bill Gates and his ex-wife still think that these too must be destroyed, and that what Africa, India and the Middle East need most over all things is birth control. I am old enough to remember when Bill Gates was considered a grifter by the world, for "stealing" his OS, defrauding Steve Jobs, and other things, buy now he is a pilar of moral and virtue who speaks to the world and tells us what to do?

Last edited:
This is just a product of the rhetoric of the 70s onwards: people were told, time and time again, by those "who knew better", those that Thomas Sowell calls "The Anointed", that the world is overpopulated, that they need to stop having children because "Earth" is suffering and that there wasn't going to be any Earth left in the next 10, 20, or 30 years. Yet, despite their failed prophecies, they insisted with their narrative and new prophecies were made; I believe that the current one is due 2040.

That combined with the shameless promotion of abortion by the UN, from the world governments, from institutions like Planned Parenthood, and figures like George Soros. The flooding of both first and third world countries with birth control, specially the latter, like it is routinely done by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, has had an obvious impact on the world population.

Governments have noticed this decline in population and have started to take measures with hopes that the birth rates will go back up to at least replacement levels, but they have failed miserably. This is understandable, how can they increase the birth rate, whilst at the same time promoting abortion, castration, and birth control? They can't, and they know it. So, what many first world countries have done is to "import" third world immigrants with hopes that they will make up for the lack of new births, however, even the third world is suffering because of the policies that the same first world countries that are now importing immigrants have implemented in the 3rd world in the past, so many third world countries are below or at marginal birth replacement rates.

It seems that the hopes for humanity are Africa, India, and the Middle East, yet, loonies like Bill Gates and his ex-wife still think that these too must be destroyed, and that what Africa, India and the Middle East need most over all things is birth control. I am old enough to remember when Bill Gates was considered a grifter by the world, of "stealing" his OS and defrauding Steve Jobs, and now he is a pilar of moral and virtue who speaks to the world and tells it what to do?
Wow! People have too much time on their hands.

ChatGPT is a mirror reflecting our modern popular sentiment, and that can be pretty ugly after years of bad input.

===

That said if I was still managing a group of product managers like I did last century, I would embrace chatGPT to crank out ad copy and product literature FAB. It's much easier to edit ChatGPT then generate the copy from scratch. Writing owners manuals are another task that could be handed off to chatGPT.

People who are tech writers for a living, need to read the (chatgpt) writing on the wall... ;)

JR

He tells a machine to switch off ethics and then he's surprised it works?

The real issue is that ChatGPT was caught lying when it bought external help-for-hire. Let this sink in: not only did it already materialize in the real world, but it had no problem at all doing it. The lie passed the Turing test without effort.

It's pretty much doing what you can expect from a AI. Feed it enough human proza and it will "feel" human enough to trick most people. Imagine what it can do if you think outside the lines.

This is all about ChatGPT, but there's so much more GPT and others out there:

https://aitoptools.com/
Nothing will stop this. There's no way to regulate this as long as we're living in a polarized world.

Now it's "Us and Them", but for real.

I engaged the beast! It was either that or continue writing a Corrective Action Report against myself- pure drudgery.
CHATgpt: "Checking your browser now" gulp!

"An Ode to Group DIY" (my lame title)

In a digital realm, there lies a place,
Where audio enthusiasts gather to embrace,
A community that's filled with passion and skill,
Where ideas flow freely and innovation's thrill.

www.groupdiy.com is the site's name,
A haven for DIY audio, a platform for fame,
For those who seek to create and learn,
For those who wish to explore and discern.

Here, one can find a wealth of knowledge,
From the basics of circuit design to the rarest of college,
The secrets of tube amps and the intricacies of mixing,
The possibilities are endless, and the site's ever-fixing.

The benefits of groupdiy.com are many,
A place to find help, to solve problems aplenty,
A place to share knowledge and to collaborate,
A place to learn and grow, to innovate.

So come, join the community of audio nerds,
Where the passion for music and sound is served,
Where creativity flows and talent abounds,
And the benefits of groupdiy.com are found.

Mike

Wow that’s great Mike. I read it and forget about the “Banter in the Brewery” let’s all have a brew.

It seems that the hopes for humanity are Africa, India, and the Middle East, yet, loonies like Bill Gates and his ex-wife still think that these too must be destroyed, and that what Africa, India and the Middle East need most over all things is birth control. I am old enough to remember when Bill Gates was considered a grifter by the world, for "stealing" his OS, defrauding Steve Jobs, and other things, buy now he is a pilar of moral and virtue who speaks to the world and tells us what to do?
The planet is finite, resources are scarce, how much nature do you want to convert for human use? Overpopulation is a legitimate problem. Just like very low birth rates.

But these emotionally charged paranoid narratives about wicked elites aren't doing anything for the better...

It is very difficult to take the human out of AI. What sounds futuristic and robotic now probably won't sound that way in the future. My example is Karftwerk. It sounds much more organic than it did in the 1970's.

Walter De Maria's Earth Room deals with this issue. It's a room with the floor covered with soil. The amount of maintenance required to keep anything from growing in it is huge.

Does that even mean something? You seem to try to refute me using pointless arguments, after I answer you, you crawl back just to come back afterwards with more of the same
I just I found your comments a bit nuts was all.

The first time was not pointless. I expressed my concern, your reply was reasonable. I left it alone.

The planet is finite, resources are scarce, how much nature do you want to convert for human use? Overpopulation is a legitimate problem. Just like very low birth rates.

But these emotionally charged paranoid narratives about wicked elites aren't doing anything for the better...
Ach, du bist noch so süß!*
Do you really think that those on the Doofus attendance list are loving altruists meeting to advance your or my existence? “Doing anything for the better?”
They weren’t eating mealworms there after their long journey by oxcart. [leeta Greta Tundaberga useful idiot rant deleted]
Wake
up
bruh-thuh!
Don’t be their beeatch**.
Mike
* Oh, you are still so sweet!
** Gefängnisschlizzampe
“Here, one can find a wealth of knowledge,
From the basics of circuit design to the rarest of college”
I’ll have an expired Maibock from last year.

The point I take away from what user 37518 said is there has been an attempt to try and control world population going on a very long time ,
The whole thing has backfired , the days of women giving birth to large families here are long over , I had one neighbour she gave birth to 20 children ,bless her , in the old days 6-10-12 siblings in a family wasnt uncommon . Nowadays 4 would be considered a big family ,

Most families now are paying it out faster than there making it ,even with two or three children ,
direct marketed lifestyle products are making sure every extra cent is gobbled up .

I think the likes of Zucherburg realises the game is well and truely up now, its all going to come out in the wash , the EU via Irelands Office of data protection have been continually levying fines against a handfull of the big players in data/marketing for blatant abuses under GDPR .
The government here are well aware ,with communications between the relevent departments and the tech companies gone cold in recent months ,
All the favours the politicians promised big tech are being dismantled by the EU watchdog ,
as it does the 'cosy' arrangement they were trying to pull off with big tech becomes visible ,
Its like a show of cards long after the game is over , its like a timer on peoples political careers ,

So its OK for them to kill us? Got it. You go first.
What a shill for inbred elites.

The point I take away from what user 37518 said is there has been an attempt to try and control world population going on a very long time ,
The whole thing has backfired , the days of women giving birth to large families here are long over , I had one neighbour she gave birth to 20 children ,bless her , in the old days 6-10-12 siblings in a family wasnt uncommon . Nowadays 4 would be considered a big family ,

Most families now are paying it out faster than there making it ,even with two or three children ,
direct marketed lifestyle products are making sure every extra cent is gobbled up .

I think the likes of Zucherburg realises the game is well and truely up now, its all going to come out in the wash , the EU via Irelands Office of data protection have been continually levying fines against a handfull of the big players in data/marketing for blatant abuses under GDPR .
The government here are well aware ,with communications between the relevent departments and the tech companies gone cold in recent months ,
All the favours the politicians promised big tech are being dismantled by the EU watchdog ,
as it does the 'cosy' arrangement they were trying to pull off with big tech becomes visible ,
Its like a show of cards long after the game is over , its like a timer on peoples political careers ,
Thank you, yes, that was exactly my point.

A few things are getting confused here. Attempts to lower unsustainable birth rates in the developing world are getting equated with "killing". "Elites" attempting to "kill" people are fever dreams.

If you look at the actual harm done Rupert Murdoch has a lot more to answer for than George Soros.

And the reason why people in the developed world (and progressively with increasing affluence in the developed world) are getting less and less children is prosperity and the responsibility shared by a societey of caring for the old via the social contract.

Similar mechanisms played themselves out in ancient Greece already. People got prosperous and would rather continue to have a lot of leisure time than get burdened with child care.

Back