whited sepulcher

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both accidental and irresponsible are not intentional.
Since Ol' Joe can't remember where he is or what day it is, there's no way to know whether it was intentional.

The documents don't need to be classified for there to be an crime. Retaining government property is a crime. It's stealing. It's rarely prosecuted unless there is intent.
Keep gaslighting yourself. Whatever.

Duh!

Attorney General Merrick Garland taps special counsel to probe Biden classified documents​

The announcement came hours after the White House revealed a second set of classified documents was found at Biden's home in Wilmington, Delaware.​

Kevin Johnson Bart Jansen
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed a special counsel, Robert Hur, on Thursday to further review the handling of classified documents found at a former office space used by President Joe Biden and at his Wilmington, Delaware, home.

• Who is Hur?: Hur is a former U.S. attorney in Maryland who will return to the government from private practice in Washington. Hur, who also served as a principal associate deputy attorney general during the Trump administration, is expected to begin work in the coming days.
  • Why Garland said he's appointing special counsel: “The very extraordinary circumstances here require the appointment of a special counsel,” Garland said. "This appointment underscores for the public the department's commitment to both independence and accountability in particularly sensitive matters, and to making decisions indisputably guided only by the facts and the law."

There seems to be a pent up bias for everybody to argue. This is just the most recent flash point to argue about. This is not "worse than watergate" and prosecution is indeed very uneven. AG Garland didn't really have a choice.

I recall one ex-army general (Petraeus) who looked like had a promising political career who got "cancelled" because he shared some confidential documents with the woman who was writing his biography. He was sentenced to probation and fines of something like $100k but the real punish was to squash his possible future political career because he was on the wrong team. Alternately Hillary got her wrist slapped. James Comey remarkably found her to be lacking bad intentions, and exonerated her when it wasn't even his decision. :unsure:

We don't need to waste even more time on this, there are larger issues to argue about. .

JR

Since Ol' Joe can't remember where he is or what day it is, there's no way to know whether it was intentional.

He didn't claim they belonged to him and turned them over when discovered. If he wanted to keep them he could of since no one knew the documents were missing before they were discovered and turned over.

He didn't claim they belonged to him and turned them over when discovered. If he wanted to keep them he could of since no one knew the documents were missing before they were discovered and turned over.
Joe didn't "do" anything, his lawyers did. He doesn't know much of anything anymore. Do you think there's some central registry for classified documents? They aren't tracked in a way that would allow anyone to know they were missing.

When Biden refuses to return the documents, claims they are his, tells the Archivist to go fuck themselves, and ignores a subpoena and get's raided, then I'll agree it's apples and apples.

Stated another way:

Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow,
a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Joe didn't "do" anything, his lawyers did. He doesn't know much of anything anymore. Do you think there's some central registry for classified documents? They aren't tracked in a way that would allow anyone to know they were missing.
Huh? The National Archives asked Trump for specific missing documents, many times. He refused to turn the specific documents over.

You think Bidlen's lawyers didn't contact their client before taking action? Now that's far fetched.

I would say grab popcorn and see how this plays out but I already know the answer, few folks will make a big deal of this, mainly folks on Fox News, the other news stations like cnn or msnbc will down play this. Meanwhile this is too big to downplay so they go through the motions and in the end find an excuse.
For example james colmey spent 15 minutes of tv time explaining how Hillary was guilty and then said we are not charging her and used an excuse.

Last edited:
Huh? The National Archives asked Trump for specific missing documents, many times. He refused to turn the specific documents over.
Yes, because some are likely cross-referenced and are tracked, but obviously not all and not centrally. How else do you explain the Biden docs being "missing" for six years and no one noticed?

You think Bidlen's lawyers didn't contact their client before taking action? Now that's far fetched.
I never said or implied any such thing. Joe didn't find the docs. His lawyers did (at least the ones at Penn). I'm sure they let his handlers know so it could be suppressed before the mid-terms and to give them time to formulate a plan and find any others.

not to feed the political screed but these were discovered before the mid term elections, and kept quiet until safely after the vote.
That is the standard procedure with DOJ around election time--try not to be seen as meddling in elections for one side or the other. Comey in '16 was the exception rather than the rule.

Say what you will about Tucker, I'm personally not a fan either but I think he nailed it.

Putting the Biden vs Trump nonsense aside, anyone wanna bet this is how it plays out?

I don't watch Tucker but he likes to stir the pot for ratings.
===
People lower down the food chain, charged with similar secret documents mishandling beefs can and have received jail time (3 months for one college student, using some docs for research on a paper she was writing).

Nobody expects POTUS to get more than a slap on the wrist, but at his age they better not slap his wrist too hard. ;)

JR

Nobody expects POTUS to get more than a slap on the wrist, but at his age they better not slap his wrist too hard. ;)
I agree, it's obvious he won't be penalized but I don't think they'll let him run for president in 2024 (I don't think they'll let Trump run either, FWIW).

Do the democrats really want a senile old man to run in 2024? I don't think so.

I agree, it's obvious he won't be penalized but I don't think they'll let him run for president in 2024 (I don't think they'll let Trump run either, FWIW).

This is inside baseball and I am not on that baseball team, but IMO it would not be surprising to see a palace revolt trying to squelch him before 2024 primaries.

It looks like Gov Newson is probably running in 2024 (an obvious clue is him saying that he isn't running). Newson has already tried to brand himself as opposition for Gov DeSantis.

JR

It's Newsom. I think it would be much smarter to run someone younger than Biden for the dems, but I don't see anybody in the wings. Newsom is probably too far left to get adequate independent votes.

It's Newsom. I think it would be much smarter to run someone younger than Biden for the dems, but I don't see anybody in the wings. Newsom is probably too far left to get adequate independent votes.
Too authoritarian, too. And hypocritical. And running a failed state that over 900k have fled since 2020. And, no, those aren't ad hominem attacks. They are observations from a former resident of CA; observations going back to his time as Mayor of SF (after Willie Brown groomed Kamala for "government service").

Maybe that was their end game? If they knew before the elections they did their best to suppress it as it would have tanked biden, but he has done such a bad job that he has to go, he has threatened to run in 2024, so maybe this all they needed to keep him from it?

Latest posts

Back