whited sepulcher

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's unfortunate that the FBI is wasting its time helping in an investigation of a mass shooting in Monterey Park CA, when they could be searching the homes and offices of all congressional and cabinet members for hidden classified documents.
Start another thread with your rant. FBI doesn't have jurisdiction in such cases.

I don't believe there is any such entity, and the LA County Sheriff's dept is not in the news for anything I'm aware of. Enlighten me.
I try to ignore LA police news, the only recent story I can recall was about LAPD Chief Moore, banning public display of the "thin blue line" flag, which does not appear to be supporting his own rank and file officers very much. My house flag has Blue, Green, and Red stripes to show support for multiple public servants.
Start another thread with your rant. FBI doesn't have jurisdiction in such cases.
+1.

Increasingly we see federal DOJ intervention into local cases when there is some presumption that local police have grossly mishandled the matter, and there is high public atention (or federal laws have been broken). Congress is routinely trying to pass new laws to expand what should be local beefs into federal cases.

The feds already have a full plate in front of them to deal with, if they do their actual job.
If people think that every paper is scrutinized while it is being packed, they have never moved an office. There is probably a cursory look given and then it is boxed up by aides and then sent out. I would be very surprised if there weren't some classified documents in almost every President's or VP's papers in the last 50 years (or more) no matter what party. To use this for politics is silly. If they really want to make it foolproof, everything should be scrutinized by a qualified team before it leaves the building, not after the fact.
Indeed... the precedent set by Hillary when she was secretary of state, actually destroying secret government communications and then walking away with a wrist slap from Comey, suggests that these recent incidents that are much less onerous likely won't get prosecuted either (not worse than Watergate :unsure:) . Ex President Trump looks like a special case where the deep state has weaponized the DOJ to try to cancel him.

It is increasingly difficult to ignore Biden's document mishandling after we keep hearing the drip drip drip of even more secret document discoveries from the Biden camp. Now apparently they found some secret government documents from back when he served in the senate. For the record Senators are not allowed to take secret government documents out of secure areas, they can only read them inside a proper SCIF (sensitive compartmented information facility). Sandy Berger was fined $50k in 2005 for stealing secret documents from the archive and destroying them.

These recent document dumps are only the side show, we need to follow the money in this decades old influence pedaling family biz. The not so funny joke is that Hunter is demonstrably very bad at hiding evidence. It is almost as if he believes that he is above the law so doesn't care. There have been books written on the subject describing elite capture by the Chinese (like Red Handed) a little dated now, but still ringing true. How is it possible that these documents have not already been "house cleaned". At least Hillary was smart enough to destroy the evidence. ;)

JR

I don't believe there is any such entity, and the LA County Sheriff's dept is not in the news for anything I'm aware of. Enlighten me.
Looks like JR was right (even if he misnamed the agency). LASD is actively seeking the suspect pictured below. FBI has no jurisdiction and will only participate if formally requested by responsible local agency.

Last edited:
Wasn't it obvious that I was referring to your rant about the Monterey Park shooting? Apparently not.
You certainly weren't clear about that, and I didn't understand it that way as I'd already seen the news conference where the FBI agent gave a statement and was obviously involved, which you clearly aren't aware of.

The attacker was at large and a motive remained unclear Sunday morning, Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said. Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, were involved with the investigation.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/photos-monterey-park-mass-shooting-investigation/3078618/
And my original post that you referred to was obvious sarcasm, which apparently went right over your head, as you were more concerned with proving me wrong.

You certainly weren't clear about that, and I didn't understand it that way as I'd already seen the news conference where the FBI agent gave a statement and was obviously involved, which you clearly aren't aware of.
Then MPPD or LASD requested their assistance unless they're stretching the definition of "serial killer." I'd prefer to see the FBI working against Mexican cartels and gangs, but that isn't a priority for the current administration.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/photos-monterey-park-mass-shooting-investigation/3078618/
And my original post that you referred to was obvious sarcasm, which apparently went right over your head, as you were more concerned with proving me wrong.
It was just weak whinging about why "your guy" should be treated differently than others caught doing the same thing.

Gun man is dead now…

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/monterey-park-shooting/suspect-dead-2/amp/

An hours-long manhunt led officers to a white van in Torrance, about 25 miles southwest of Monterey Park. Late Sunday morning, police in tactical vehicles and bomb-squad trucks surrounded the van in a parking lot near Sepulveda Blvd. and Hawthorne Blvd.

Tran was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside the vehicle.”

So now they found classified documents at Mike Pence's home:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-classified-documents-discovered-home-indiana

The problem (and the false equivalency) isn't the fact that classified documents were misapropriated, but the Trump team's resistance to returning them. The obvious interpretation is that he once again demonstrated that he considers himself to stand outside / above the law.

We need a Classified Documents Bureau of Investigation that searches the homes of all current and prior executive staff, congressmen and their staffs (staves?), FBI, CIA, and military personnel, and any others with access to classified materials.

Root out this evil!

We need a Classified Documents Bureau of Investigation that searches the homes of all current and prior executive staff, congressmen and their staffs (staves?), FBI, CIA, and military personnel, and any others with access to classified materials.

Root out this evil!
I think you will find that most have them at some unsafe location. It’s a wonder the government has made it this far in life 🤣😂

So now they found classified documents at Mike Pence's home:
They? You mean Pence's lawyers when he tasked them to search his house.
This is much ado about little but remarkable for the hypocrisy and biased coverage.
The problem (and the false equivalency) isn't the fact that classified documents were misapropriated, but the Trump team's resistance to returning them. The obvious interpretation is that he once again demonstrated that he considers himself to stand outside / above the law.
POTUS is empowered to declassify documents at will. Senators and Vice Presidents not so much. VPs can declassify documents they themselves classified in the course of their official duties. I don't know if POTUS can retroactively declassify documents that he acquired while a senator? That said POTUS' powers regarding classification/declassification are not obviously limited. There have been several executive orders on the subject over the years.

As I suggested a couple weeks ago, there are surely lots of classified documents out in the wild told ya so... Any prudent former civil servant who held high office might benefit from some extra housekeeping. That's what Mike Pence did and I bet others are following his smart example.

We surely have more important things to worry about than this, but the prosecution of security violations by DOJ needs to be more evenhanded.

JR

They? You mean Pence's lawyers when he tasked them to search his house.

This is much ado about little but remarkable for the hypocrisy and biased coverage.

POTUS is empowered to declassify documents at will. Senators and Vice Presidents not so much. VPs can declassify documents they themselves classified in the course of their official duties. I don't know if POTUS can retroactively declassify documents that he acquired while a senator? That said POTUS' powers regarding classification/declassification are not obviously limited. There have been several executive orders on the subject over the years.

As I suggested a couple weeks ago, there are surely lots of classified documents out in the wild told ya so... Any prudent former civil servant who held high office might benefit from some extra housekeeping. That's what Mike Pence did and I bet others are following his smart example.

We surely have more important things to worry about than this, but the prosecution of security violations by DOJ needs to be more evenhanded.

JR
Well, Trump refused to return the documents long after he was President. Presumably because he intended to use them as a bargaining chip. We know he's a purely transactional character. That's what this is about.

Well, Trump refused to return the documents long after he was President. Presumably because he intended to use them as a bargaining chip. We know he's a purely transactional character. That's what this is about.
I can't read minds.

I don't doubt that he accumulated some evidence of government misbehavior that they want to suppress (my speculation). He was doing hand to hand combat with the swamp/deep state for years.

Perhaps some good that could come out of this is erasing the two tiered prosecution of security laws by the DOJ (actually more than two tiers).

JR

PS: [irony] A former top FBI official has been arrested and charged with four crimes over his connections to a Russian oligarch sanctioned by the U.S. Charles McGonigal, a 54-year-old former special agent in charge of the FBI's Counterintelligence Division in New York, was arrested Saturday evening, according to the Justice Department[/irony] Russia,Russia, Russia.....

Trump had classified documents at his home (that he had knowingly taken) that he refused to return, and DOJ had to obtain them with a warrant.

Biden had classified documents at his home and prior office that he presumably didn't know about, and when discovered he immediately apprised the DOJ of their existence so they could be returned.

Pence had classified documents at his home that he presumably didn't know about, and immediately apprised the DOJ so they could be returned.

We all can just form our own conclusions about these people (and there will be more.)

Trump had classified documents at his home (that he had knowingly taken) that he refused to return, and DOJ had to obtain them with a warrant.

Biden had classified documents at his home and prior office that he presumably didn't know about, and when discovered he immediately apprised the DOJ of their existence so they could be returned.

Pence had classified documents at his home that he presumably didn't know about, and immediately apprised the DOJ so they could be returned.

We all can just form our own conclusions about these people (and there will be more.)
Kabuki theater aside, of those 3 one has authority to declassify documents and take them. Of the three one was not paraded on the media stage for having documents that they were not allowed to declassify based on their job title. Only conclusion I came to is that they all may have them and that media bias will try and dictate which is the bad person for having them and which is not

Latest posts

Back