whited sepulcher

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously, I don't know anything about the content of the documents, but the first reflection that sprung up, was "how about security in general", if classified documents are misplaced on a seemingly daily basis?

Obviously, I don't know anything about the content of the documents, but the first reflection that sprung up, was "how about security in general", if classified documents are misplaced on a seemingly daily basis?
When you get a security clearance you also receive pretty specific instructions about how to handle such documents. I don't know if there are remedial instructions after people have held security clearances for years/decades.

I have heard arguments that there are way too many documents classified as secret. Maybe there should be a sunset provision to declassify old documents.

These sound like relatively minor beefs but once you ratchet up that drama surrounding one POTUS, the response to others is pretty much locked in.

I would be surprised if there weren't more secret documents to be found in other former president's papers, but hopefully not so carelessly held.

JR

I'm surprised "they"* didn't arrange removal by last summer, but I guess the poison pill of an even less capable and uncontrollable option (KH) has "them"* flummoxed.

*The fact that we don't know who is really running the executive branch is deeply concerning.

We'll see how the double standard is applied in actuality. Seems the Biden docs were taken intentionally to help write his memoirs from Obama admin. Who else saw them, because it seems highly unlikely he could write anything coherent without assistance?

Those documents belong to Biden. He can declassify them whenever he wants. When somebody's the president of the United States, the authority is total!

How much classified material is out in the wild, undiscovered?
It's unfortunate that the FBI is wasting its time helping in an investigation of a mass shooting in Monterey Park CA, when they could be searching the homes and offices of all congressional and cabinet members for hidden classified documents.

Here the rednecks celebrate new years by firing guns into the air, while early reports suggest this was not related to the lunar new years celebration.

Not sure why the FBI/DOJ should be involved at this stage, while LA county police department is in the news for other stuff ?

JR

If people think that every paper is scrutinized while it is being packed, they have never moved an office. There is probably a cursory look given and then it is boxed up by aides and then sent out. I would be very surprised if there weren't some classified documents in almost every President's or VP's papers in the last 50 years (or more) no matter what party. To use this for politics is silly. If they really want to make it foolproof, everything should be scrutinized by a qualified team before it leaves the building, not after the fact.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back