woa thats pretty

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks very impressive, but the listing is thoroughly disingenuous.

18 Channels in 1962? I don't think so. The compressors are not genuine. The '702's are modified PPMs. The EQ is not even related at all (non-EMI) and, while it is claimed to have some provenance of it's own, is not even from the same era.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/596141-emi-germanium-mixing-console.html

"Next is the addition of EQs to the console. I had some interesting EQs that came out of an 'Oakwood Recording Console' which apprently was made for Marc Bolan and he donated it to the London College of music. They are IC based but do sound very nice and have bypass switches to completely remove them from the signal path when not needed or when the console is being used for summing only.. I am fitting them into the new meterbridge above the channels. The panel is being machined this week by Grand Master Audio. I am also adding two TG compressor clones to it."

This looks, at least superficially, like a caringly executed build (no internal wiring shots), so certainly warrants merit from that perspective, but for that price there should at least be some mention of it's history and, unsurprisingly, there is none at all.

At least the 'slutz were all wetting themselves. Personally I liked it better before he started.

Latest posts

Back