Yamaha, Behringer, etc. Console Expansion Protocols

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heffree

Just wondering if anybody has any info on what sort of protocols these guys are using for their expansion cards (Yamaha, Behringer, Digico, A&H, etc.). The Yamaha MY cards are particularly interesting to me since they are only 16x16 and have such a large card connector on the back that I almost wonder if it’s not just an analog connection back there… haha anyway, this is just a curiosity more than anything so if anybody has any info they can share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure there isn't any common protocol for anything like this - although it would make the world much easier if there was..

/Jakob E.
Hey thanks for the reply, I may have been a bit unclear… I know they’re all doing something different, just wondering if anybody knows what any one of them are doing. Or do you think it’s safe to say they’re all doing something proprietary?
Wouldn’t it be nice if they all used the same thing… haha

Also as a side note, just wanted to add that I built one of your SSL comps many years ago and very much appreciate all of your contributions to the DIY community so thanks for taking the time to reply to my dumb question 😁

Latest posts

Back