Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EEMO1 said:
i thought about a tour at a mic factory... like a brewery tour, tour at the heineken factory! gift shops and all!

A word of caution: it will be nothing like the Heineken tour. It's a chinese capsule factory and will look like the catacombs of Paris. You'll probably get mugged and forced to buy all their worst capsules that have the low cut all the way up at 1khz.

Still trying to find out about the mounting screws for these capsules. Are they M1.4? Anyone have any info that they can pass on?

Kindest regards,

zephyrmic

Update.

I can get some of these now (and the 47 or 67 style) with mounts. I can't do a large order, but if interested, the estimated price would be about US$50-55 including shipping. (N. America/Europe)  I'm actually interested in doing a 67 style with poctop's U87 board. So let me know soon.

Blue Jinn said:
I can get some of these now (and the 47 or 67 style) with mounts. I can't do a large order, but if interested, the estimated price would be about US$50-55 including shipping. (N. America/Europe)

I'd definitely be interested in a K47 at that price.

These?
http://www.wgt1979.com/en/productsd.php?pid=64

I'd be interested in two -

Thanks Blue Jinn!

Just found nice K67 copy at 75$:
Studio Projects C3 replacement capsule
http://recordinghacks.com/capsules/

I should get a quote back later today. If you can all PM me with paypal addresses I can send invoices. I'm expecting US$55.00 including shipping to do it. That's straight USPS First Class. If you want a tracking number it will be more. (For USA only I can do priority mail, which will add a couple of dollars only.) For exUSA, it will be registered, which will add about US$10-20 to the shipping costs. I'll have some C12 style as well. These will come with mounts.

micaddict said:
For exUSA, it will be registered, which will add about US$10-20 to the shipping costs.

Is that per capsule or per shipment/package?
Thanks.

Per shipment, the registration cost is a fixed cost.

Are these K47 style caps?

Yes, I can probably get 67 style and C12 style as well if wanted.

...and are they dual-sided?

Yes, although can probably  get single if you want.

Back