Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks bezen... sent them a mail. let's see what happens. I need capsules for my own stuff so...

I could be potentially willing to buy these capsules and "stock" them for not just a one off gb. the problem organizing a gb/white market is that im reeeeallly busy (dayjob, music, other businesses) that I really have to think about this.

I would be in for a K47 capsule.

But we should definitely get the dual capsule since the difference in price in very small and dual capsule is much more valuable as an instrument. And you can always use only one side if you like.

TW-PRECISION said:
I'd take 2 to 4

For the U47 or K47 , the Chinese factory have emulation.
LX34-1 (Single Diaphragm )  and  LX34-2 (Dual Diaphragms) you can check in Google

I tried RK12!
RK12 is in my Elam Diy mic,and i compare with CEK12 Peluso!

And all i can tell that this RK12 it is very good capsule,even try it in my G7 where was CEK12 Peluso!I know that sonic perception is different
from person to person!
But this RK12 for me is better sound than CEK12 Peluso!But its a little sensitive on SPL than CEK12 Peluso

This is just my subjective opinion....
Some people wouldnt say that....

Garyepe said:
TW-PRECISION said:
I'd take 2 to 4

For the U47 or K47 , the Chinese factory have emulation.
LX34-1 (Single Diaphragm )  and  LX34-2 (Dual Diaphragms) you can check in Google

Those do not look like a K47 clones, the backplates look more like a K67.

Any other sources for chinese K47s that anyone is aware of?

WGT are definitely looking like the front runners for me, based on communication and the k12 feedback thus far...

slightly OT:

I've been researching a lot of manufacturers, and in addition to capsules, have been looking at mics for a mod platform. I'll start a FEELER thread on the free market but wanted to put that out in this thread as there are a handful of places that could potentially handle both. Looking at something like a U87 FET types (a'la MXL 2001) and/or a tube mic (similar to hte HST 11a aka APex 460) price point around what you find these for on the used market?

Blue Jinn, I bought a matched pair of the RK-12's and started with one MXL 2010, thinking if I didn't like it, I would use it as a donor body for the boards I got from you.  I was so impressed with it, I bought another 2010 for a pair.  With just a capsule swap, these sound very nice to me.  The 2010's can be bought for $139.00 including a shockmount and slip over windscreen, plus $99.00 for the RK-12 and mount, a nice clean multi-pattern mic with pad and rolloff.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/526539838-LX34-2-LDC-Mic-Capsule-33mm-Diamater-Gold-plated-Diaphragm-MIC-Free-Shipping-wholesalers.html

Free sh. for most countries.
I asked the seller about K47 capsules :).

bezen4uk said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/526539838-LX34-2-LDC-Mic-Capsule-33mm-Diamater-Gold-plated-Diaphragm-MIC-Free-Shipping-wholesalers.html

Free sh. for most countries.
I asked the seller about K47 capsules :).

Judging by the backplate drilling, that's a K67 capsule.

i thought about a tour at a mic factory... like a brewery tour, tour at the heineken factory! gift shops and all!

Back