Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dmp said:
Sent a pm about 3 capsules.
Do you want this by email? (I don't have your email...)
Dan

Yes,

Thanks for the PM.
It is ok both PM and e-mail. Didn't realise there was an e-mail button my self, first. :)
Both is ok.
Will send you the invoice soon. :)

Cheers,
Johan

Great and thanks guys!

Will send the first packages tomorrow.
Was not able to finish with everything today in time.

Johan

Sent you a PM with my details. Trust you received it.

Kindest regards, and all the best for Christmas,

zephyrmic

zephyrmic said:
Sent you a PM with my details. Trust you received it.

Kindest regards, and all the best for Christmas,

zephyrmic

Yes I received your PM.
It Seems I spelled your e-mail adress wrong.
You should have the payment details in your e-mail now.
Otherwise let me know.

Brgds,
Johan

Hi guys!

Today I sent the first 5 packages :)

Will comeback with confirmation to each one of you 5 later tonight.

Merry Christmas,
Johan

Since we're at it, why not get their K47-type capsule too?

http://www.wgt1979.com/en/productsd.php?pid=62

I'm really excited. Anyone know what circuit they are going to use? I have a stash of tube mics, so I'm thinking for these capsules I'll do a solid state circuit. U87? Sony C38, Nuemann Km184 circuit? Anyone care to share some ideas? Maybe we can experiment and find a circuit these sound especially good with, and build it up together DIY style.

Also can anyone comment on the sonics of these capsules? I imagine they are a step up from MXL type capsules, but how much? I don't have delusions that these will be as awesome as capsules costing 10 times the price, but anxious to hear them :)

Hey Abechap,
    I'm going to slap one into a Nady 1050 I've been slowly tweaking. It got to the point where the circuit sounds good enough that I can hear how different the two sides of the stock capsule are from one another. If it sounds good I'll try to find another used 1050 so I can have a pair, but basically, I want one good one so I can do MS recordings. We'll see how these capsules sound on vocals, but I'm betting they are better than the stock 1050 capsule. On that, the darker, rear side of the capsule is OK for some vox.
  I'm actually thinking about what donor body I can put the old capsule into, and what circuit might sound OK with that.
  At some point, I hope I can be running this thru one of your dbx 160 clones!
Happy New Year everyone, and thanks Oceano for going to the trouble. The price sure is right!

Hi Johan,
the capsules arrived today. The package was more than save. Thanks a lot for organizing this. Your efforts are very much appreciated. I´ll report back about the sonic qualities of these capsules later.
kind regards
Bernd

abechap024 said:
I'm really excited. Anyone know what circuit they are going to use?
If there's still a pair left for me after the two week wait, I'll use them to bridge the gap before I take the plunge on Tim Campbell capsules in a pair of c12-inspired mics. I'll be working from a modified schematic that Oliver Archut posted on psw in reference to some gutted c12vr's. They'd probably end up in something solid state once they got swapped out, one can never have too many flavors!

Hi Johan,
the capsule sounds amazing. I´ve just changed the stock capsule of my T-Bone SCT-800 tube mic. First impression was very positive. Further testing to be followed.
regards
Bernd

bernbrue said:
Hi Johan,
the capsule sounds amazing. I´ve just changed the stock capsule of my T-Bone SCT-800 tube mic. First impression was very positive. Further testing to be followed.
regards
Bernd

Did you use the stock mount? (AFAIK the T.bone SCT-800 has a 32mm capsule. Thanks!

Back