24 channel mixer the "Stereotype"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gar381 said:
Marcocet said:
hey Don

So I'm getting ready to build the prototype for my headphone cue mixers and I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing 1k faders (especially log!). 

Jeff will soon be stocking 1k P&G faders.

Check it out... http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=31736.msg547709#msg547709

Hope this will help you out. :)

GARY

Awesome. Thanks. I'm building a whole stack of your 2520's for them too :)

Don - another wiring question for you.  Should be easy since this part of mine is the same as yours.  From the stereotype boards to Jeff's 2-ACA-BO, where did you get the ground/common from?  Your boards' outputs are left and right only, but Jeff's has a ground on the inputs.

thanks - I'm finally gettting close to finishing this thing up.

I think for testing I had not connected anything to the audio ground input on the ACA and it worked well. If I remember correctly the audio circuit is grounded to the power supply on the ACA board. If that is the case it should be fine, otherwise I do vaguley remember fiddleing with the ground to connect audio to the power supply with a jumper on the ACA. Does that makes sense? I may be rem,embering wrong but that should be good. I´m excited to see some pics and hear what you think!

Don

Sorry everyone, my assistant went and got himself a job that actually uses his degree and now he is pretty much useless for this kind of stuff. So I'm not sure when I will be able to get the second run going. I am still trying however.

also in my month or so since posting I realized I gave some pretty awful advice a few posts back. A resistor in parallel to reduce the value of a pot would be pretty useless (unless you were looking for very fine control over 3db or so and then a very abrupt fade out). Sorry bout that.

don

ps i have not messed with home etching, can you do a 2 sided board? what do you need in terms of a diagram?

No I don't think I can self etch a dual layer board but perhaps you can send the gerbers to gustav for fabrication.  Or if you make the gerbers available anybody who wished to make a board could get one made up by their local pcb company.

M

Sorry for the absence. Bummed to hear the fader option wasn't kosher but glad to see the problem has a work around. So another run of boards is not really feasible for about another 3 months. I do however have my PCB software with me and will try to incorporate Zayance's work around on the next revision. It's hard for me to keep current on all things internet related where i am but PM's go to my email and that is the best way to get me.

thanks
Don

Finished this. It's been used for about two weeks now, all is good i'm happy with it.
Thanks to hakanai for the Summing/Pan Boards.
Thanks to Jeff @ Classic api, for the help and clarifications, and for all the goodies.
Thanks for Gary (gar381) for all the DOA kits, boy that was a lot of soldering......
Thanks to Frank @NRG for the panel work.

Nothing much here, added a Headphone amp based on Wayne Kirkwood's Schematic, thanks to him as well, it's made on a double sided home etched board...
Yes the Heatsink is FAT for the headphone amp, it's what i had in hand so....
I preffered 1731's all the way, i tried with 2520 on a couple of tracks + ACA Booster section, and it wasn't my thing, but it's easy to swap so......
Added a JLM 40LED VU and that's that, working great.
I made one board with Caps on input, and the other board just with jumpers, to hear and compare, still a couple of things to do.....

fronttvx.jpg

guts.jpg

holy shit Zayance that looks fantastic! I'm stoked I could help (even slightly) facilitate that beauty coming into existence.

So my overseas excursion is coming to end in the next week or so and i will be much more available again. i also went through and repaired the links in all of my posts. while I was away my domain name lapsed, hence all the broken links. they should all be good now. Just let me know if anyone finds something still not working.

hopefully in the coming weeks there will be some more development on this project. If anyone has any thoughts for the next revision of these boards (other than the obvious repair to the fader circuit Zayance pointed out) let me know.

thanks
Don

hey don, looking forward for another run of boards! thumbs up

zayance beautiful box gave me a lot of inspiration! can't wait to build this

i'm also looking forward to another run of boards.  time to start saving up the nickels.  Glad to see you're back in town, Don!  :D

Hey, so I am working on the next revision to hopefully be available just after the new year. Just like last time anyone who is interested should PM me with the number of boards you are interested in. No payments yet, just expressed intrest.

As for what is new in this revision:
    The fader point has been fixed so there are no traces to cut in order to implement it.
    All the electrolytic caps are set up to accept a variety of packages so go ahead get some of the silk fiber caps or make
        everything 1800uf if you feel like it.

Everything else is essentially the same (just a few layout changes to accomodate the bigger caps and fader fix)

don

I got a few PM's pointing out there was no price, sorry about that. The boards are $55usd plus shipping (usually $10-15 for up to 5 boards). Are people interested in the pan boards? I have to order a minimum of 100 and I don't think there are that many people interested but let me know.

Don

Latest posts

Back