500/51X Series SLQ51X SSL styled 4000 EQ / Filter

Help Support GroupDIY:

fragletrollet

Just finished my two units, both seem to work as intended on first power up. Calibration of the mid bands was easy, although I still need to fine-tune the calibration of the filters. Still pretty new to REW so gotta get used to it. Went for ~30hz on the lo-cut filters and stock on hi-cut. Both filters cut where they're supposed to, but gotta tune the trimmers so there's nothing else happening 😀

Very nice kits, missing 3 12k resistors in one of them but otherwise all in place.

Enjoyed the chocolates too, not to mention the DI businesscard!
Would definitely recommend and buy again 👍IMG_20210706_025415.jpg

technoteo

Hallo @Kevin
Do you know if it's possible to "improve" the EQ using OPA 604 or similar opamps instead of NE5534. I did this on a GSSL clone and it was great.

Kevin

White Market Member
Hallo @Kevin
Do you know if it's possible to "improve" the EQ using OPA 604 or similar opamps instead of NE5534. I did this on a GSSL clone and it was great.
The OPA 604 seems good, footprint seems to work as supposed, you can leave away the 22pF Caps, but you will need at least 10 OPA 604, if you want to have the Full EQ including filters then you need 16 OPAs.

Golgoth

Anyone using these could provide some feedback? I am super interested in that kit but I was not able to find any reviews from users anywhere yet! Thanks :)

Forcemusicgroup

Hi. I purchased your SSL Style EQ. The Low shelf and high shelf switches are no longer working... Where should i start looking?

Kevin

White Market Member
check all connections and also if switches work. normally there is not so much around the shelf filters. or do you mean the low and high cut?

Latest posts