AC Sound Pi-3141 Pre-Order (PYE Comp) 2nd Round!! PREORDER OPEN!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered two boards.
Been waiting for this for some time.

I have to say that I love the look of your faceplates. I don't suppose you'll offer up either finished cases or faceplates down the road?

Either way, looking forward to building a pair of these.
Are they difficult to match for stereo?

Grummy77 said:
Just ordered two boards.

I have to say that I love the look of your faceplates. I don't suppose you'll offer up either finished cases or faceplates down the road?

Grummy and anyone else who is interested.  I have the cases and front panels in stock for these.  They are the same ones you see in Abe's photos.  Email me if interested.  dan(at)collectivecases.com

[/quote]

Grummy and anyone else who is interested.  I have the cases and front panels in stock for these.  They are the same ones you see in Abe's photos.  Email me if interested.  dan(at)collectivecases.com
[/quote]

Choice beans.

Grummy77 said:
Just ordered two boards.

Yes I was going to say, dan makes all those cases and does a great job. Also they are easy to stereo link.

Nice if you live in the states. If you live in Canada it costs you a fortune...

:mad:

Not complaining or anything.  ;D

desol said:

Yeah.
I just took the near $50 CAD shipping fee hit ordering one. Oh well. I see it as saved time trying to make something here. Measuring drilling then labeling something would cost me some personal man hours. Just weighed up for me, and I can afford it at the moment. Our poop Canadian dollar sucks these days though. Then the ol'border patrol is sure to ding me again after holding the shipment up as long as they can. Free trade has never been so free for me.    ???

I'm sure I'll feel just fine when the shipment finally does arrive though.  ;D

Let me know if you get any brokerage fees going into Canada.  You shouldn't.  That is one of the main reasons I and a lot of others use USPS instead of Fedex and UPS who always charge brokerage fees. 

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like the cases.  I personally love the look of them.  Its nice to work on something as cool as the PYE compressors. 

Be sure to try them on toms and acoustic guitars. :)

dandeurloo said:
Let me know if you get any brokerage fees going into Canada.  You shouldn't.  That is one of the main reasons I and a lot of others use USPS instead of Fedex and UPS who always charge brokerage fees. 

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like the cases.  I personally love the look of them.  Its nice to work on something as cool as the PYE compressors. 

Be sure to try them on toms and acoustic guitars. :)

I learned about the brokerage thing a long time ago. Purchased something off Ebay for $40 or something(+shipping)....when it arrived, there was a $45 dollar brokerage fee on it.
freak3.gif

I fought Fedex for months over it. A*******. ~ I'm still a bit upset over it...and it was 3 years ago.  :mad:

UPS and Fedex have to farm brokerage out, unlike USPS.

The cases do look good.  ;)

Grummy77 said:
desol said:

Yeah.
I just took the near $50 CAD shipping fee hit ordering one. Our poop Canadian dollar sucks these days though. Then the ol'border patrol is sure to ding me again after holding the shipment up as long as they can. Free trade has never been so free for me.    ???

I'm sure I'll feel just fine when the shipment finally does arrive though.  ;D

I'm sure I'll get over it as well...  :mad:  ;D

Dan or Abe or someone who hs used one of these extensively - Im torn between doing a stereo (dual mono) comp for buss and sub buss duties where my OS VCA sits and moving the VCA to synth (many synths - modular coming) duties or whether the PI might be better in this application? Ive heard it shines on acoustic instruments so obviously it deals with dynamic, transient material well ( i guess when your chopping the signal into 250,000 a second...) - Really appreciate the feedback.

I think the PYE is best on Sub groups and individual instruments.  I have other things I like on the Mix buss if that is what you are asking. 

Some people like these on mix buss. But its really up to taste (as always). I believe they were designed as "program material" compressors, but no doubt they seem to be more popular on individual tracks.

Attachments

• full_side.jpg
    full_side.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 90
What are the features/knobs?
Ratio? Levelling? Limiting? Time?

Edit: Ok, here on p.2 I see some nice photos :)

What is attack-time like?
Is it suitable for stepped mastering version?
What are the dc/psu-requirements? Anything onboard?

Latest posts

Back