Anyone interested to build a TG1 clone ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aardman said:
Maybe it's time we slowed down on the "email sent" in this thread.  Obviously a LOT of people are interested and I'm sure Fester has it under control. 

I have no idea why people started doing this to begin with?

desol said:
Aardman said:
Maybe it's time we slowed down on the "email sent" in this thread.  Obviously a LOT of people are interested and I'm sure Fester has it under control. 

I have no idea why people started doing this to begin with?

Maybe because thats what Uncle Fester wants. We don't want to upset our dear old Fester now do we.

Uncle Fester said:
Thanx to my friend for cleaning the old dirt from mom's receipe!
Now it looks like new, 80 years ago.

Those who interested in TG-1 progress, please send me an e-mail!

(no pm's, thing is too tired to check pm box and clean it up).

My thought is that, yes, people who are interested could send an email, but it's probably not necessary to let everyone else know you've sent one too  ;)

Also, anyone else any thoughts besides me on what type of meter would be the best?  I'm thinking of taking out the diode bridge from a standard VU to make a uA meter and juggling the sensitivity until it works. 

Fester, how different is this version of TG1 compared to the 1969 version (with "hold" function)?

crisotop said:
Fester, how different is this version of TG1 compared to the 1969 version (with "hold" function)?

Have a look on the case, there is a hold function plannend.

cheers
christoph
I see but I wonder how different is from Abbey 1969. version. Fester will probably understand what I'm talking about ;)

A. I may have missed this somewhere in this monster thread but the issues that Joe Malone bought up about the TG1, have they been addressed

B. This is my first purchase (well I've got a few things that I'm about to pull the trigger on)- where do I pay and have the boards been finished or should I wait for later revs. if there are any. Please note this is my FIRST DIY project and dealings so please excuse any eddicate errors - I'll learn.

C. I love this site. I'm feeling really liberated by this experience already, i just can't wait to get going.

Uncle Fester said:
New boards version can be built with 2 options, HOLD as input control or HOLD as
"Zener VCA gain".
I never seen '69 version of this, but one guy sent me some info about hold control etc.

Few additions were done to new PCB version, as well as some layout probs fixed.
Transformers can be bypassed and input switched to optional balanced line receiver.

For now, I compared clone done like new unit to unit itselves
and found it QC passed.
All voltages are correct, compression and signal flow are absolutely same.

Sounds great Fester!

I sent payment a while back but, I'm more than willing to wait
until you get the bugs sorted. It's gonna be a cool project.

Mark

hello, where the pcb layout, shemo, ... are dispo?

thank you very mutch

New boards version can be built with 2 options, HOLD as input control or HOLD as
"Zener VCA gain".
I never seen '69 version of this, but one guy sent me some info about hold control etc.
'69 is original version , I never seen that neither but I heard stories about. As the pulg version I often use "'69" but since we have two versions of hold there must be that one is "vintage". Thanks for info I can't wait to hear some sound samples  ;)

So I just got back from a trip up North to see a friend and pick up some stuff.
My friend is the person who had originally posted the schematic for the TG12413 on here a couple of years ago, if that rings a bell.
Anyway, he handed me a copy of another original TG12413 document which shows the component placement for the parts along with the top layer of the original PCB layout!
Now I know Fester has done a new layout already and it'll be a great one but having this can't hurt as a reference while building our units.

Cheers.

Aardman said:
Anyway, he handed me a copy of another original TG12413 document which shows the component placement for the parts along with the top layer of the original PCB layout!
Now I know Fester has done a new layout already and it'll be a great one but having this can't hurt as a reference while building our units.

Cheers.

Hi,

Like you say, more info always nice!
You have an electronic version of it ? Might be great to have it at the gmail-account of the group.
Just tell if you're not familiar with access to it.

Thanks,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back