are we vaccinated against COVID?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

are you vaccinated ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not morally, ethically, or medically opposed to vaccinations. Just haven't done it.

Not morally, ethically, or medically opposed to vaccinations. Just haven't done it.
If you're in the US, you could probably step out your door right now (or tomorrow), and have it done in 30 minutes or less.

In Europe. Can't without appointment.

But not in any high risk group, or planning to travel, and live in countryside. Even before Covid everyone here socially distanced (rural thing).

In Europe. Can't without appointment.

But not in any high risk group, or planning to travel, and live in countryside. Even before Covid everyone here socially distanced (rural thing).
I no longer know what age is the high risk group, last time I heard, younger people were the ones being affected the most, it is a freaking mess...

Delta variant (and even more possible variants to come) means everyone is potentially part of the risk group. Herd immunity is what this is about now. And preventing even worse mutations from emerging.

It's not possible to socially distance 100%. Emerging variants are increasingly infectious.

Me, I would get a third shot tomorrow if they let me.

It's ironic that the people complaining the most about restrictions are also the ones most opposed to vaccinations (am not talking about anyone here at GDIY).

It’s a political thing out where I live but most all people I see or meet have got 2 jabs. A few had COVID and got through it and don’t feel the need to vaccinate. I’m a high risk and don’t want to mess with bad things at this age. All my family members have vaccinated but we’re all older. Low rates f COVID in colo except a few counties and no deaths this week. Amen

Got two jabs of Pfizer back in March/April as well did all of my roommates. Last week we all got the Delta variant from working service industry/being gigging musicians.

For me it was a mild sore throat with a terribly runny nose. For my roommate it was extreme weakness, lost sense of taste and smell, mild sore throat, and mild fever. For one of his bandmates he was puking and had a fever.

This delta variant is so contagious almost everyone in the Austin music scene has it right now and 90% of those musicians are vaxxed.

Getting my second Pfzer shot tomorrow. Luckily here in Spain the vaccination speed is quite good (I'm 36 and my first shot was even before my mother had its second shot).

Got two jabs of Pfizer back in March/April as well did all of my roommates. Last week we all got the Delta variant from working service industry/being gigging musicians.

For me it was a mild sore throat with a terribly runny nose. For my roommate it was extreme weakness, lost sense of taste and smell, mild sore throat, and mild fever. For one of his bandmates he was puking and had a fever.

This delta variant is so contagious almost everyone in the Austin music scene has it right now and 90% of those musicians are vaxxed.
Damn.

Yeah, the only good-ish news is that those that are vaxxed aren't ending up in the hospital unlike those that haven't received a vaccination.

Also, we've confirmed that home tests are unreliable as we've had several friends take home tests that showed negative, only to get a test at a testing facility to get a positive result. Other friends are pushing that it's "just a cold", but you don't lose your sense of taste from a cold. I think even vaccinated people are in denial how fast the delta variant is spreading because the symptoms are mostly mild to those that are vaccinated.

And you loose your sense of taste completely. I actually had colds before where food tasted like cardbord with basic flavor (salty, sweet, sour etc.) or my sense of taste was warped in a way that food tasted funny. But friends of mine who had Covid told me they didn't even taste sweet, sour, salty etc. Just nothing. And when taste returned, spring smelled like cigarettes.

So I'd gladly take a third shot of the vaccine.

Yeah, the only good-ish news is that those that are vaxxed aren't ending up in the hospital unlike those that haven't received a vaccination.

Thanks for this report--so far there's only a couple of known breakthroughs in my wider circle (friends of friends), but I expect that to change. Georgia's vax rate is pretty low, but for some reason we're trailing the frontrunners in delta infections. That's rapidly changing though. It's worth noting that Florida is seeing hospitalizations that are almost as high as the January surge--and that's with a large percentage of their most vulnerable population fully vaxxed.

Delta is not effing around.

Also, we've confirmed that home tests are unreliable as we've had several friends take home tests that showed negative, only to get a test at a testing facility to get a positive result. Other friends are pushing that it's "just a cold", but you don't lose your sense of taste from a cold. I think even vaccinated people are in denial how fast the delta variant is spreading because the symptoms are mostly mild to those that are vaccinated.
Thanks for sharing.... That seems consistent with some news reports.

Can I presume you and your vaccinated friends were not wearing masks at home? The new advice is for even vaccinated to wear masks so they don't spread Delta if/when they get infected. Not sure how much that would protect you against infected room/bandmates.

Indeed Delta is a huge risk for poor, under-vaccinated countries. The African continent looks especially at risk. It is logical that this virus evolution won't stop at Delta, as it continues to circulate around the world for years.

I expect the vaccine makers to be pedaling as fast as they can to make vaccines fully effective against even Delta, while reportedly they are already preventing deaths and hospitalizations (better than dying). I can imagine 3rd jabs for rich countries this fall, but IMO the world needs to focus on getting 3rd world protected. I guess we can do both, but human nature seems to focus on personal risk, closer to home. I expect most of us are human.

JR

Thanks for sharing.... That seems consistent with some news reports.

Can I presume you and your vaccinated friends were not wearing masks at home? The new advice is for even vaccinated to wear masks so they don't spread Delta if/when they get infected. Not sure how much that would protect you against infected room/bandmates.

Indeed Delta is a huge risk for poor, under-vaccinated countries. The African continent looks especially at risk. It is logical that this virus evolution won't stop at Delta, as it continues to circulate around the world for years.

I expect the vaccine makers to be pedaling as fast as they can to make vaccines fully effective against even Delta, while reportedly they are already preventing deaths and hospitalizations (better than dying). I can imagine 3rd jabs for rich countries this fall, but IMO the world needs to focus on getting 3rd world protected. I guess we can do both, but human nature seems to focus on personal risk, closer to home. I expect most of us are human.

JR
We weren't wearing them at home, no. But we were inside public places. Most public places have been fully open for weeks in Austin though so only very few people like myself have been wearing them in public places.

From what I have read, the Delta variant is more infectious but no worse than the regular brew if you catch it and current vaccines are just as effective against it - which means they don't stop you getting it but do help you fight it more effectively.

I auapect as the virus develops. more infectious types are more likely simply because the less infectious ones die out more readily.

Cheers

Ian

I warned up front that my intent was to influence (encourage) vaccine participation. We're no Bhutan (90% vaccinated) but more than 3/4 of us got 2 jabs, or said we did. Making us much better protected than most (all?) states.

Since 3 of us reported no jabs and no excuse, I wonder if anyone in that subgroup is willing to expand on that personal decision?

JR

PS; Modern media drives engagement by stirring up controversy and us/them divisions. Vaccinated/unvaccinated is the new us/them dichotomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back