Built custom channel for Soundcraft Boards (SSL like)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but have we seen performance measurements for a fully loaded desk ?

Having designed consoles before sometimes you don't know what the problems are until you ask several tens of strips to play nice together.

JR
my main concern was PSU requirements... stock 200b is pretty bare bones

Oui, juste c'est possible, on ne sait pas jusqu'où il est allé dans son projet, les posts se sont arrêtés il y a quelques années. depuis.....silence

Bon, si je veux changer mon AOP sur quelques pistes pour essayer sur mon 200b, que me conseilleriez-vous ? bavures brunes? J'ai actuellement des TL072.... et je cherche.... merci....
iu

You will get more, better answers if you ask questions in english.

JR

Well, if I want to change my AOP on a few tracks to try on my 200b, what would you advise me? brown burrs? I currently have TL072s.... and I'm looking for.... thanks....

Well, if I want to change my AOP on a few tracks to try on my 200b, what would you advise me? brown burrs? I currently have TL072s.... and I'm looking for.... thanks....
Merci, thanks for posting in English. I am unsure what you mean by AOP (perhaps op amp)?

Burr Brown is a premium op amp brand.

TL072 are generally fast enough and quiet enough for line level audio processing.

Bon Chance

JR

Hello, Yes sorry for the automatic translation... I had forgotten it... yes it's Op amps sorry... I had the opportunity to listen to a 200b with Burr Brown and I just noticed a nice difference in sound, the owner of the desk told me that he had just changed the Op amps and two capacitors... I would just like to try

I'm checking back in on this! anything we can do to help get this moving? also have a 200b if there is anything i can do to help with the compatibility portion of this project

+1 what an awesome project, I'm super interested and willing to support in whatever way possible etc. etc.
I just made an account on this forum specifically to reply here.

Does anyone know the current status? At one point a kickstart campaign was mentioned, did that happen?

How about open-sourcing the Gerber files?

Best regards

I know this is an old thread but I’d be very interested in buying a few of these strips for the sc 6000 console I have, or buying a new of the kits to get let’s say 4 -8 channels of these in my setup which is a sc6000 36x24x2

It tooks me a year to "finish" this project (to many project at home... Anyway ;))

So here i am. My first prototype is fully working, Preamp, EQ, routing everything work ;D ;D

37898384105_6fe0b6787e_c.jpg

37898375635_aeff4f99ca_c.jpg

38753814592_9c7d9f5a33_c.jpg

27009220829_a436c1d0cb_c.jpg

23919967287_4fcb967b3c_c.jpg

23919971967_8560f12347_c.jpg

I decided to update a little bit the channel and add some option like 24 busses, Group input and Mute/Solo control and group via MIDI or with a "rebuild" master channel.

here is the design of the new channel: PAN and ODD/EVEN switch added near Pan potentiometer to select busses and BUS switch on the top to use the channel as a bus/group.
38068661454_14850b51b4_b.jpg

I think i will make a kit include PCB, Panel, Potentiometer, knobs and switches.
Price will be around 150€ to 200€ ex shipping

Anybody want one ? ;)
I want at least 4 maybe 8 :)

Soundcraft 6000 faceplate measures nineteen inches long by one and a quarter inches wide.
>> If you or someone you know here in the U.S. could ship me one of these SOUNDCRAFT 220B or 6000 channel strips, I could then mechanically "Reverse-Engineer" it and not only create a 3D CAD-model of the channel strip metal work, but also create a fully-dimensioned "Sheet-Metal Fabrication Drawing" that most anyone could then use to have their own channel-strips fabricated. Knowing how long and wide the channel-strip is one thing, but also knowing the exact dimensions of all of where the hole cutouts are located, what their dimensions are, what the channel-strip mounting-hole counterbore dimensions are, etc., etc., etc., is a whole other matter!!! But, I could obtain all of that type of information -- IF -- I just had an actual unit right here in my hands. Any ideas and/or suggestions???

1714054058709.png
1714054163774.png

1714053812374.png

/

>> If you or someone you know here in the U.S. could ship me one of these SOUNDCRAFT 220B or 6000 channel strips, I could then mechanically "Reverse-Engineer" it and not only create a 3D CAD-model of the channel strip metal work, but also create a fully-dimensioned "Sheet-Metal Fabrication Drawing" that most anyone could then use to have their own channel-strips fabricated. Knowing how long and wide the channel-strip is one thing, but also knowing the exact dimensions of all of where the hole cutouts are located, what their dimensions are, what the channel-strip mounting-hole counterbore dimensions are, etc., etc., etc., is a whole other matter!!! But, I could obtain all of that type of information -- IF -- I just had an actual unit right here in my hands. Any ideas and/or suggestions???

View attachment 127844
View attachment 127846

View attachment 127842

/
Unfortunately my desk is in storage making it difficult. I'm also based in the UK not making it ideal to send over seas...

Just a thought.. Does the manual contain accurate technical drawings?
[Does the manual contain accurate technical drawings?] -- Generally.....NO!!! At least not to the level of detail that you see in my drawing in Post #114. What you see in my Post #114 drawing is the amount and type of mechanical details I need in order for me to create an accurate 3D CAD-model of the channel-strip. And.....this is what I would end up with if I were able to "Reverse-Engineer" an actual channel-strip, if I had it here in my own hands!!! Anyone???.....

/

Unfortunately my desk is in storage making it difficult. I'm also based in the UK not making it ideal to send over seas...
[I'm also based in the UK not making it ideal to send overseas] -- I certainly don't need for you to ship the entire mixing console over here.....just the piece(s) of metal that makes up the channel-strip!!! Would that be doable???.....

Don't even need the PCB's or anything else.....just the metalwork.....

Does anyone here in the U.S. have a channel-strip they could ship to Maryland??? Just wondering.....

[I'm also based in the UK] -- Another "rather well-known member" of this forum, who also resides in the UK, had mailed to me an electronic module of theirs that goes into a Eurorack card-cage enclosure so I could go through the process of "Reverse-Engineering" it. They had wanted a new, but wider, Eurorack module and since they had admitted that "they're all thumbs" when it comes to anything involving mechanical design engineering, they sent me their module so I could derive all of the dimensional information that I needed. I then designed a new module for them based upon their new requirements. Just sayin'.....

I'm trying to help out here.....that's all.

/

Last edited:
[Does the manual contain accurate technical drawings?] -- Generally.....NO!!!
/

Normally, but not always, in the service manual.

[I'm also based in the UK not making it ideal to send overseas] -- I certainly don't need for you to ship the entire mixing console over here.....just the piece(s) of metal that makes up the channel-strip!!! Would that be doable???.....

II he gives his availability for the metalwork part
would already be a starting point,

remains the pcb part,
that it might be better to divide into 3 ?
(premap , eq , auxes)

Latest posts

Back