C414 body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i finally found 20k resistors in my garbage and reach 40k2, the build is now finished but i have a little problem ... the mic is perfectly working in omni mode but i have a noise in the background in all other directivities (noise is more in the lows) should i have to suspect the C13 C14 Styroflex capacitors ? or C12 in that case ? ...
Edit : C13 C14 and C12 changed, problem is gone , this build is very delicate. Very little space to mount components, hard to clean flux residue (very sensitive hi Z section ), if i had to complain on Vami's kit, it's on the tiny soldering pads employed for most of the components, making troubleshooting even harder. Otherwise this is a great project that deserves it's own thread IMHO. Lot of components options here (i employed mostly Tantalum capacitors like the original mic because i had them in my stock,, i also used 2N5484 in place of the 2SK and the PF in the bom (beware the legs and the bias resistors that need to be changed accordingly : R5 at 15k and R8 at 8k2 ) . This is by far the most complex and challenging build i ever made, i really don't recommand it to a neebie. Of course the incredible Moby's U54 and Beesneez capsule made a lot to the success of this (not cheap) project .

Attachments

• IMG_20240628_163452[1].jpg
    IMG_20240628_163452[1].jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the silver 414eb style bodies direct from China ? I did some emailing a month or so ago & never got a response.
YEAH!
@garp : “[email protected] ask jenny price ”.
👍

Careful with structure ringing - due to metal body. I’m in Budapest for a show. These will go on Piano. 😉
M

I have damped them with rubber adhesive inside where it doesn't touch the electronics (on the sides along the bars ) and masking tape . Right from factory i was tempted to use them to replace the zildjian icebell on my drum kit !

Attachments

• IMG_20240629_172345[1].jpg
    IMG_20240629_172345[1].jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back