Chinese U47 and C12 style microphone bodies and vintage style power supply Group buy.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khron said:
Well, finding out some minimum order quantities (and starting / maximum prices) should be a practical-enough first step, i'd think :)

Hi there,

Just checking to see if you saw the update yet!

Thanks

Andy

I did indeed, but it's starting to add up to be somewhat not-cost-effective anymore :) 40$ for a body (w/o capsule or circuitry, right?), another 40$ for a power supply, plus shipping, plus (likely) 24% customs fees / VAT ... It's a blessing AND a curse to live in Europe :D

I'd be rather willing to forego the "historical accuracy" aspect and grab 1-2 tBone Retro Tube II mics ("lollipop" style) from Thomann - had my eye on them for a while, they're rebranded Alctron BV300 from what i've read. Mod the snot out of them, have some spare parts left over, AND have shockmounts & cable & carry-case, all for ~200$-ish :p

But best of luck to everyone with the group-buy, either way :)

Khron said:
I did indeed, but it's starting to add up to be somewhat not-cost-effective anymore :) 40$ for a body (w/o capsule or circuitry, right?), another 40$ for a power supply, plus shipping, plus (likely) 24% customs fees / VAT ... It's a blessing AND a curse to live in Europe :D

I'd be rather willing to forego the "historical accuracy" aspect and grab 1-2 tBone Retro Tube II mics ("lollipop" style) from Thomann - had my eye on them for a while, they're rebranded Alctron BV300 from what i've read. Mod the snot out of them, have some spare parts left over, AND have shockmounts & cable & carry-case, all for ~200$-ish :p

But best of luck to everyone with the group-buy, either way :)

But you will not be able to make U47 or C12 :D :D :p

BTW. so called "u47" donor in thomann cost 150euro, with all accesories ;)
Only thing is the yucky logo on the pipe, but making new pipe, even brass, it cost less than 10euro :D

See my 2nd "paragraph" ;) Boo-hoo :p :D

And yes, i know, but that's cardioid-only - that's why i've set my eyes on the RT2 :) Cheapest multipattern tube mic they have (or just about ANY european company has, from what i've seen :p ).

Khron said:
See my 2nd "paragraph" ;) Boo-hoo :p :D

And yes, i know, but that's cardioid-only - that's why i've set my eyes on the RT2 :) Cheapest multipattern tube mic they have (or just about ANY european company has, from what i've seen :p ).

I know you know :D
But some other people here maybe don't know it ;)
You can always make at least omni, adding one switch ;)
Do you really that often use other patterns than cardioid?
With U47 and C12 it was a sarcasm ;)
Thomann also sell separately two power supplies for these microphones, unfortunately only these small one.
Price is decent also!

Anyone know the size of the u47 body? It looks kind of small. I was wondering if it was able to hold any of Dany B's PCBs?

Arkenberg said:
Anyone know the size of the U47 body? It looks kind of small. I was wondering if it was able to hold any of Dany B's PCBs?

If it's basically the GT-2B, then it's sort of a short body U47(fet) style. This means Dany's D-47fet and D-49 (square version) PCBs will fit, as wel as Max' s MK-47.
However, the D47, D-EF47 and MK-U47 will not fit. Those need a long body.

The makers will correct me if I'm wrong.

micaddict said:
Arkenberg said:
Anyone know the size of the U47 body? It looks kind of small. I was wondering if it was able to hold any of Dany B's PCBs?

If it's basically the GT-2B, then it's sort of a short body U47(fet) style. This means Dany's D-47fet and D-49 (square version) PCBs will fit, as wel as Max' s MK-47.

That is what I thought. I was hoping these where going to be the long bodies so I could build a tube style u47 with Dany B's PCBs. Oh well, maybe someone could start another group buy with these.

Arkenberg said:
micaddict said:
Arkenberg said:

That is what I thought. I was hoping these where going to be the long bodies so I could build a tube style u47 with Dany B's PCBs. Oh well, maybe someone could start another group buy with these.

Hi there, I would be willing to switch this group buy over to the long bodies if there is enough interest. I will look into the long body mics the factory has and let you know what they offer. Is there a chinese donor body that works good for the long body style now? Let me know if there is and I see if they also manufacture it.

As of now though, its not looking to good for this group buy  to happen. I think maybe the shipping from Taiwan maybe causing the price to be a little high for many, but I am not for sure.  If anyone has any suggestion for what I might can do to make this buy more appealing to others let me know. I am looking into other options for bodies now but still hopeful there is a way!

Thanks

Andy

Back