Compression in the Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed - yes, because with quality analog equipment I can get the sound with a few adjustments.

I can say the same with quality digital plugins. Really quick to setup up in front of me in the correct mix place in the middle of the speakers. Don’t have to go to the rack and turn my head around and be out of the mixing position.
Fast, really fast

I think if someone made a control surface with the tactile feel and response of hardware that would help a lot. Turning the knobs on a hardware EQ is waaay faster than using a mouse on a plugin.

I think if someone made a control surface with the tactile feel and response of hardware that would help a lot. Turning the knobs on a hardware EQ is waaay faster than using a mouse on a plugin.

I've read and hear this so often, but for me it is >95% about the sound. Give me plugins that sound as good as the hardware and I gladly work with mouse and keyboard only.

As long as you dont have to do any recalls
Recall is so passé... How many times the SE is asked to just ride the vocals a fraction of dB, and ends up having to rebuild the whole mix? :LOL:
Oh s..t! I made me the promise to never go again in the Brewery...😞

Last edited:
I am not sure what exactly this sub forum "deserves", but there are rules for acceptable behavior.

The "brewery" is kind of the release valve for this otherwise serious technical topics forum. That said we still need to avoid getting too personal with criticisms.

Play nice...

JR

Who are we "attacking" at 12 o'clock?
And why do we "release" them at 11 o'clock?

What did they do to us?
I'm also concerned about what happens during the time (I assume it's 11 hours) that we're holding them, among other concerns of course.

Edit: the use of the word "slam" doesn't bode well to me either.
I'm out.

Who are we "attacking" at 12 o'clock?
And why do we "release" them at 11 o'clock?

What did they do to us?
I'm also concerned about what happens during the time (I assume it's 11 hours) that we're holding them, among other concerns of course.

Edit: the use of the word "slam" doesn't bode well to me either.
I'm out.
I think he meant the attack knob at the 12 o'clock position, the release knob at the 11 o'clock position and slamming the signal with a compressor. Although i read it again to understand that, because i read it the wrong way too at first.

Yes its compressor settings and usage. I wouldn't believe that could ever, be misinterpreted. The thread is about compressors in the box and this is a setting I often use to seat the audio, so to speak.

Last edited:
Yes its compressor settings and usage. I wouldn't believe that could ever, be misinterpreted. The thread is about compressors in the box and this is a setting I often use to seat the audio, so to speak.
I didn't see any problem in your post, neither I see how could it be misinterpreted.
I dont know what the problem was to be honest

Back