"Crush-n-Blend"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="radiance"][quote author="dagoose"]
I will post pics tonight, i'm on the road right now..[/quote]

I'm ready for it :cool:[/quote]

pics are on my cam.. now i have to take the pics from the cam. :eek:ops
But anyway.. i have been working with it last night and my switcher works great! now only the c n b needs to be installed. :green:
pics... sooon.

switch1.jpg

switch2.jpg

switch3.jpg

switch4.jpg

43 relays in total so far :green:
rear has 24 jacks (inserts) and 4 xlr's (IO)

Wow, lotsa relays indeed. Now get that c&B going already :twisted:

[quote author="signalflow"]Ok so i found this one:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=vCz78MyBKmrvk40wuOJ%2bTQ==

This should work right?

Thanks,

Casey[/quote]

Well, it works but has a 20% tolerance. Better pay a little more and go for an Alps blue velvet..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPS-RK27112-Blue-Velvet-Pot-10K-50K-100K-250K-500K-1M_W0QQitemZ260287701491QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260287701491&_trkparms=72%3A1205

Or pay a lot more and use an Elma rotary switch....

[quote author="radiance"]pin 8 is not connected so it should be an easy fix :thumb:[/quote]
indeed.. just make a f*ck up between pin 7 and 8 and your done :grin:
I'll probably start with my CnB on vero tonight if i have the time.

[quote author="radiance"]will you be using SSM chips or maybe THAT line receivers & drivers?[/quote]

I allready have all parts with SSM's laying around here so actually it's just a matter of smack 'm on a piece of veroboard. :cool:
I'll keep you posted!

Pin 7 is Vcc on the layout (thank god I double-checked this stuff when I was building it...) Proceed as planned and we can begin comparing distortion shortly ;)

I really can't get my head around this one thing...that it would still pass distorted audio with the OPA pulled. So line drivers/recievers should shove unity gain, is that correct, save for balancing and unbalancing the signal?

If that is the case, what you should be hearing is weak audio, not distorted audio, cause there's just a pack of resistors between two unity gain devices...

Have you tried connecting pin 6 from the ssm2141 direct to pin 3 from the ssm2142 as I suggested earlier?
Have you tried tracing the signal with a scope?
Where does it become distorted?
Dit you check the resistance value of the potentiometer you used?

[quote author="radiance"]any news on this?[/quote]

not from my site... just looked at the ssm's and verobaord thinking... hmm.. still have to build this thingy but have been to busy with another kind of DIY project which is about 23cm's right now heading for 19 inch :cool:
echohandje.jpg

Wow, yeah congrats as well+

Radiance, thanks for the input, I've been rather busy the last few days but just built a little testing jig out of some copper pertinax boards and replaced the resistors in the pcb with little spring loaded pins. That way I can short anything to anything without having to always solder around the rosie.

rrrrr.

when I go straight into and out of the SSMs (pin 6 to pin [!] 4), I still get the distorted signal. Have to do the actual measuring tomorrow but you'd think it would be easy enough to just stick a reciever and a driver together... :roll:

What does kinda work is when you give it a level quite below any -10dBV, but that should not be the issue here from what I can tell.

On a side note what's up with pins 1 and 5 on the 2141? From what I can tell you have to short 5 to 6 and 1 to ground to get feedback on it. Tried that and it (mis)behaves just the same way. Do I go right with the assumption that if you keep these n/c, you have yourself an opamp that's quite susceptible to stuff like temperature changes etc. due to the lack of feedback?

Funny is that if you paperclip the SSL's I/O (you know, VCA in to VCA out), you get at the output what you stick in the input, and it should be the same thing here.

btw for this set of tests all the r's are removed between the ssm's.

hi !

any news on that ?

i've juste finished a GSSL & i'm really interested... but i'm not good enought to help you in any way...

you have all my support !

Back