Dan's front panels and cases.. new panels for Gustav's projects, 1U CLX-VU panel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glazunost said:
hi dan

i am a bit confused about a possible availability of igor type 69 eq cases, as i can find my name listed in the first post, which is in a way correct as i tried to pm and posted about it, but i had no reply to the questions in my pm. anyway, i am now advancing with the project and will start working on the case. so i have to step forward. will there be 69 cases available within the next few weeks? i guess not, as igor is not currently offering kits and there is still an unfixed bug, probably this project is not high in the charts for the moment. if the situation is as i expect it to be, please remove me from the list, as under these circumstances i prefer to build my own housing.

thanx a lot for any info
glazunost

Hi glazunost,

The 69EQ panels are done and ready to be shipped already, so it's just waiting for the cases now, but these should be ready within the first week or so of the next year.

Cheers,
Dan

payment sent on nov23 for one 2u 760 panel, two ez1084 front panels and one stereo st7 2254c panel
Thanks!

The first page of this thread still shows you have 6 of the 2 RU TG Cases in stock?

2U TG1 panels/cases, brushed Aluminium finish....6 available

I guess those stock quantities are outdated?  Also it says "Brushed Aluminum" but the pic shows a black front panel?  Is the "Brushed Aluminum" spec talking about the chassis itself?

Regardless - should I pay now to secure the 2RU TG Front Panel & 2RU Punched Chassis?  And what's the price shipped to Houston TX 77062?

Thanks!  8)

I have my EZ1084s as well as Compexes built and ready to be assembled in their cases.
So, I'm getting curious when the cases and panels will be ready and can be shipped...
Can give an estimation when they'll be ready ?

Can't wait to get these 'machines' into real use!  ;D

Bump for a Dual TG Limiter 2RU Front Plate & Chassis.  Page 1 of this thread mentioned you have 6 in-stock and was updated on 12/21.  Color says "Brushed Aluminum" but pic is of a black front panel.

Thanks for any clarification.  Looking to buy one ASAP.

Rock on!  8)

briomusic said:
ddt said:
Hi guys!!

I'm also making a couple of Igor's full featured 1U MixBuZZ panels, some more GSSL and W492 panels, and some 500 format Audiox/Studer EQ panels, which I hope to sell with the accompanying L-bracket.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan, I would like to preorder one 1U MixBuzz panel and one TG1 frontpanel, both without systemholes as I have existing cases. I would like to ship them both together once the 1U Mixbuzz panel is available, so would appreciate if you could reserve a TG panel until such time :)

cheers
Briomusic

Any news on the Mixbuzz frontpanels?
I would also like to know what color the TG panel is, I was under the assumption it's black like on the picture, please correct me if I am wrong  ???

Thanks
Brio music

hello Dan is the info on page 1 correct (5) 2254 st7's left? How much total for front panel and case to U.S?

FYI - I've sourced the TG panel and case elsewhere.  Please remove my order on the TG (if you read these posts).

Thanks  8)

hi dan

can you please change in the first post of this thread
glazunost - 1x 69EQ panel + case
to
glazunost - 1x 69EQ panel + case paid
It would give me a good feeling.

Thanx a lot, i'm looking forward to hear when the case and front panel is ready for shipping.

best
g

ddt's profile:

Last Active:  January 04, 2011, 04:08:31 am

Last Post: December 21, 2010, 06:41:26 pm

???

I've moved on to other suppliers as ddt doesn't seem to be responding at all - but you know he's reading???  The Front Page quantities have been incorrect for over a month now.  What gives?  Sorry if this seems rude - but a response of some sort is warranted IMNSHO.  I hope he's alright (seeing as he checked in 2 days ago I'm betting he's fine)

8)

He can check in to read threads as recently as 01/04 - but can't be bothered to reply to anyone's posts since 12/21?  ???  Communication is important IMNSHO - maybe not for some - but it is for me as a potential paying customer.  As is a current front page with accurate quantities.  Maybe I'm anal?

Moving on.  Have a nice day  8)

Randy, have a nice day ;D

Communication is important for sure (I'm not the best in this),
but not always possible / important.

announcement (in the wrong thread, but it might help to understand):
eastern I will be away in another country (together with my daughter)
I might check in to this forum with my iPhone.
I won't respond - due to costs / fun / holidays / whatever more important happens

Hey, I'm waiting for him too for some 51X compressor jobs.
but if he is not online he isn't.
while we are sometimes do business here it is not a real 24h business for all of us.

Agreed.  We are extremely lucky to have such DIY services provided to us - and I do appreciate all of the wonderful White Market offers we have at this fine forum.  I'm simply anal with regard to communication - and I have tons of projects on my plate that I need to get done ASAP - and 2 weeks between communications is a bit much for my "anality" (is that a word?  :D ).  Sorry for any inconvenience my rant may have caused.

Best wishes to Dan and his business in the new year!  I hope he is alright...

8)

Hi guys..

I'm still here, reading a bit, replying when I have time, but seeing as this is one of about five other major things I'm doing, the replies aren't as frequent as many, myself included, would like - sorry about that.

Randyman... no problem, hope you like your case. Regarding your previous question, the colour of the panel is black, burshed refers to the surface treatment - the surface is textured, as opposed to being smooth. You should be able to see this on one of the 69EQ panel closeup photos. It's only the front panel that gets brushed.

briomusic... the TG panel is black, brushed Al, the Mixbuss will be too, the panel's ready to be silkscreened, which is the final step.

earl... that's correct, the total for a panel+case to the US is 120 EUR including postage.

glazunost... done! :)

timmygrim... replied! :)

The good news regarding the cases is that they should be done next Wednesday... the not so good news is that the anodizing doesn't really cover the markings from the machinery like powder coating would, but, given my preference for electrical continuity of the case over looks this time around, and the fact that the case will hopefully be sitting in a rack, I've decided to stick with it. If anyone really wants their case to be powder coated please let me know, and I'll do that on top of the anodizing, out of my own pocket, but otherwise the cases will be left anodized. I'll post photos when they're done so that you can see what it looks like.

Oh, and here's the Studer EQ panel for Volker :)

S500-panel.jpg

Cheers,
Dan

[silent:arts] said:
Cool Dan 8)

what data format do you need for the optical 51x?
(and most important: the L-Brackets?)

Thanks Volker  :)

PDF or DXF is fine.. I have some of the DIY-type L-brackets for the EQ like I mentioned in the email on the way, but my estimate is that they'll be ready some time next week. And don't forget to email me your postal address :)

d.

Hey Dan  , i had emailed about doing a couple of the studer panels
in Black font over brushed aluminum like the neumanns i think you did
can you send me a quote ?
Happy new year , regards Greg

Hi Dan,

Hope the holidays were relaxing :)

Can you estimate when the metalwork for 760 and 1084 will be available?

Btw, I'd like to mount all switches, pots, rotary switches on the 760 to the frontpanel.  I'm curious especially about fastening the switches to the front panel as the original panel design was planned differently...
Please let me know.

Back