Donate!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not sure if this will be percieved as being rude. If so, I am sorry, but would you mind putting the total amount recieved in donations next to the donation box?

Gustav

Done and done!
:thumb:
I too would be lost without this joint...or even more confused.
:oops:
Donating a little dough is the least I can do to show my appreciation.

:sam:

[quote author="Gustav"]Im not sure if this will be percieved as being rude. If so, I am sorry, but would you mind putting the total amount recieved in donations next to the donation box? [/quote]

Good idea. We could have something like the yearly DIY telethon! :grin:

The donation idea is one whose time has come. I appreciate having it as a way to give back to the forum that I've enjoyed and learned so much from. Thank you all.

Hey,

After all these donations. Is there a change that the forum can be replaced by a more advanced forum? For example look at the Gearslutz site. The search function on that site is incredible! It's a time-saver having such functionality on the forum. I do not want to insult anyone but sometimes searching for specific solutions is not made easy. Can be very frustrating when you really need help you know. :wink:

Bye :cool:

Don't mention the Gearslutz site :twisted: No, but seriously, the search function is not very ok. There are some work arounds that make searching one particular thread a breeze but stil not like on GS.
However, the fact that I get so many results on a search string makes me read and learn a lot more than when I get the answer presented on a tea platter :wink:

[quote author="radiance"] However, the fact that I get so many results on a search string makes me read and learn a lot more than when I get the answer presented on a tea platter :wink:[/quote]

Good point!

What I do is taking notes and paste it in some .txt file. Bookmark threads in threads as well. :grin:

But I think there will be less questions about the same subject if people could find it faster. But hey. I really enjoy being here and reading the stuff which for me is 95% new input. Just loving the way units are hand-made you know. Still have a lot to learn and looking forward to have this "skill" at a level that even I can help people, and understand what it is all about. :thumb:

To introduce a new project to the forum, Ed Anderson, Mike from Hairball and I have donated the various parts needed to build an 1176 "blue stripe" Revision A to an auction. All proceeds will in turn be donated to this forum.

Two auctions will run simultaneously:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250318004747
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250318003468

Be the first on your block to build a Revision A!

Back