EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.

Really the order number doesn't mean anything to you.
It's mainly for our internal records system.

The easiest way for us to look up your order is by email anyway, so order number is kind of useless unless you've placed multiple orders.

davidvaldes said:
How can I know my order#?

If you login in paypal and look in details of your transaction, the # is there.
Mine are #4 and #5.. I was at phone when the webstore opened, so someone else has won  ;D

Many huge thanks to Skylar..
his constancy and precision are unbelievable.

just like to ad GREAT JOB SKYLAR! You've made alot of pepole happy and I'm one.
    Can't wait to see it. I have one thing I'd like to ask, I can't be the only one who missed out on
     ordering shock mounts for the two mic's I've got comming. Is there any way we can get in on a
     secound order of mounts for those of us who missed out? DREAMING. Wade...

Kingston said:
1954U1 said:
Mine are #4 and #5.

That´s a product number or something. Mine are the same, and actual order number was around 100. Can´t wait to get these. Thanks for your efforts Skylar.

Ah!
What an idiot.
Thanks, good.
Now I'll  annoy Skylar requesting it.

hehe no need for order numbers, just engrave it as a serial # so they can be collectors items....
everybody knows #1 sounds vastly superior to #200 due to tooling wear, and phase of the moon.

Hey Skyler - thanks so much for making this happen. Could you tell me which of the Thiersch capsule mounts would be the correct one to get the capsule at the same height as the original U47? There are 3 sizes available: 52mm, 55mm, and 58mm. Thanks, Ben

Thiersch used to only carry one size of the STS-7.

The ones that I have measure 58mm from bottom to top.
So, I would recommend the 58mm variety in order to attain the proper capsule height.

Hi Skylar,

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats on an unbelievable product! As usual, your work and attention to detail amaze me.  :eek: 8)

BTW, your web store has a really cool vibe and look it! I will have to add a link on my Links page.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Hi Skylar,

I've got my order in (placed by MatthewF as we are splitting the order to the UK). I just thought I'd ask, is there any possibility of putting lower price values on the customs declarations, or is something you wouldn't like to do as you are operating a business?

Thanks again for your excellent work here. Looking forward to the build discussions later.

Roddy

rodabod said:
Hi Skylar,

I've got my order in (placed by MatthewF as we are splitting the order to the UK). I just thought I'd ask, is there any possibility of putting lower price values on the customs declarations, or is something you wouldn't like to do as you are operating a business?

Thanks again for your excellent work here. Looking forward to the build discussions later.

Roddy
I was about to ask the same!

Rod,

I would like to stay legal on this.
Because the shipping insurance will cover the full value of your purchase, it looks suspicious when a package insured for $500 has a declared value of $5.

Now, in the UK & other parts of Europe, are there different import duties based on package contents?

I'm only assuming so, as that's how it's done stateside.
For instance, items listed as "electronic components" carry less import duties than finished products like a complete microphone.

So maybe I can get clever with the description of package contents in order to save you international-types $$$ on import duties.
If anyone knows an applicable package description that can save money, let me know, and I will fill out my customs forms to suit.

Yes declare it as electronic components,
from my experience, in Spain and Italy, I never had to pay import taxes on components if declared as is.

are you going to insure each individual mic enclosure for 500$? because that would raise (in case of) the import taxes.

Lameeee!! About to pull the trigger on two of these then my car insurance comes up,  there goes the spare cash... hopefully i can get all the money thats owed me soon!

I'm not an expert, but in belgium I've always had to pay vat (21%) for every incoming delivery over €20 (?) value.
The vat rate isn't variable (unless for food).
There's a small percentage of "customs fee" added and a huge administrational fee of €25 for items of higher values.

Maybe we could ship trough distributers like in the shockmounts groupbuy to save on custom fees?

If 50 mics get shipped to europe, that would mean we're collectively throwing away €1250.
Shipping inside the eu is not gonna be €25, especially if we split it up for each country.

The shipment from the US to the EU is likely gonna be cheaper when grouped to 5 or 6 parcels.

Anway, it's just a suggestion. I hope this hasn't been discussed before?
I'll pay whatever it takes to get me a pair these mic bodies so personally I don't really care how it gets here.
I'm pretty confident that my €25 is in good hands at the belgian government  ;D ;D ;D

Skylar said:
Now, in the UK & other parts of Europe, are there different import duties based on package contents?

declaring as "electronic components" should be enough. There are several subcategories for transformers etc. but in the end it doesn't matter. The import duties vary only little (1-2% or something) so long as you don't declare anything alcohol or cigarettes.

But VAT on the other hand is 15-25% depending on the country.  :mad:

You pretty much have to declare the correct insured amount to the package. At least here in Finland they require the Paypal transaction as a printed copy. If paypal was not used, then the Visa transaction receipt from the bank. If these don't match with the package, the package goes back to sender.

Let's not gamble with these please.

Arno said:
Maybe we could ship trough distributers like in the shockmounts groupbuy to save on custom fees?

VAT or customs duties don't magically disappear for distributors. They will be paid by the distributors customers. VAT always flows to be paid by the end user and there's no way to evade it unless you are a legimate business, and then VAT will be paid by your customers.

Only shipping costs might be smaller this way, and even then someone will have to do charity work (physical labour of resending the packages).

I'm vat registered so care very little about vat. Customs in belgium charge a fixed administrational fee of €25. Wich is alot for a box with one mic. Not so much for a box with ten mics...
If every eu country does this, we're all paying 1000€ or more to have identical boxes shipped from the same  us address.

There's another way to look at this "taxes issue"...

Actually if one wants to build a 47 like mic, there are three options:

Flea : 1176 US$ + VAT + Taxes
Beesneez : 444 US$ + VAT + taxes
Skylar : 200 US$ + VAT + taxes

Skylar's one is already, and by far, the best bang for the buck... Whatever taxes I may end up paying, it will still be a bargain...

Axel

Back