EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Q47-d capsule for sale if someone is looking.  Was never used and still sitting in its original box.
I bought a Thiersch M7 capsule for this project instead.

PM me if interested.

Can somebody direct me where to purchase the screws used to attach the headbasket?

I bought a body from a forum member awhile back, and he had stripped the screws. I bought new rails, but was never sent any screws, and cannot for the life of me find any locally.

Thanks much
Neil

Hi guys,

Still no news on another production run-  we are still negotiating with your manufacturers and will send our an email via our Equinox mailing list whenever we have an update.

If you haven't subscribed to the mailing list, you can do so here:

http://eepurl.com/fM6os

As for replacement screws:

Almost all the screws are M2 or M3.  The headbasket screws are M3x0.5, oval, phillips, 8mm long

Here is a mcmaster-carr link:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#90258A178

(Part Number 90258A178)

Here is a list of all the screws:
Screws
headbasket screw         M3x0.5, oval, phillips, 8mm length
Capsule Riser Set Screw M2x0.4, set screw, 8mm length
capsule disc screw         M3x0.5, pan, phillips, 6mm length
side rail screw                 M3x0.5, flat, slotted, 6mm length
body screw                 M2x0.4, flat, slotted, 5mm length

I am down for 2 of these if you do the re-run, but if it's going to take more than a month or two before they arrive I might have to bite the bullet and just go the "gutting the SCT.700" route - but these would be better.

The bodies look amazing though, amazing work.

Hey guys...a little update.

After 3 years of not having a life, I have decided to take a break from Equinox Systems for a bit to focus on some other things, namely the promotion of my debut album.
Techix (Justin) has decided to take a much deserved break as well.

But, Equinox lives on.
Our third partner, Eric, is taking over the reigns on getting the next batch of EQU47 manufactured. He will be dealing with the day-in, day-out functions of the company while Justin and I take a little hiatus. I know he is working hard on the next batch, and he is now the main point of contact on all things Equinox.

Please send him a PM (Ekiner) or send an email to support[at]equinoxsystems[dot]net with your inquiries.

I'm still around—just taking a break from all the madness. So send me an email or PM as needed, but please don't ask me about EQU47 availability...that'll be Eric's baby for the time being.

Here's my enthusiastic thanks to everyone on the forum who has contributed and supported the EQU47 endeavor!

Thank you gentlemen for all that you have done, your sabbatical is much deserved... The best of luck in all that interests you.

I wish to include the Q47-D capsule in a design in the near future, the capsule mount alone is intriguing (minus what dB at what freq(s)?) a genuine movement forward in my opinion, however, your announcement of resignation, temporary or peripheral, has given me pause to rethink the 'capsule question'...

Will Q47-D capsule production/distribution (testing/selection) continue to receive the same laudable level of quality-control that you obviously painstakingly established, now, in your absence?

Kind regards,

Chris.

Just to reiterate...2/3rds of us are taking a break. The remaining member, Eric, is now at the helm. At his day job, he is a product manager at major audio company. He has plenty of experience guiding audio products from inception to mass retail. And that certainly involves a healthy dose of QA.

Yes, the capsule mount is something new. We have a patent pending. The material it's made from is a special formulation of polychloroprene (our vendor hesitates to call it neoprene) which has a resonance much lower than typical materials used in this application. This material combined with the mount's shape basically shifts low frequency energy into the sub-sonic or near-sub-sonic region for improved protection against impact vibration. The center frequency and reduction amount is a function of the capsule weight and impact characteristics. We have trademarked this material "Iso-Q" since its formulation is absolutely unique to our product.

The current stock of Q47-D capsules have all undergone our QA process and EquiLog measurement/cataloging, and Eric will continue to QA the capsules in the same manner since it's an integral part of how each one is manufactured. Internally, it's a well-documented procedure and much of it is automated via our EquiLog software. I have no doubt that future capsule production will only get better. We have noticed tolerances getting tighter as more units are being made.

Latest posts

Back