FEELER: Moby´s T14/1 and C12A transformers reincarnations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recording Engineer said:
I was just thinking, man, we really need to up the C12A transformer list quite a bit!
Yes, because I asked for the quote from the lamination supplier for two dimmensions. Leaving out one will probably change the quote. BTW, U11 transformer can be also used as the 3.6:1 or like step up 1:3.6. That way it looks more interesting. Maybe like Neve mic input option? ;)

Recording Engineer said:
I was just thinking, man, we really need to up the C12A transformer list quite a bit!

Absolutely yes! We need this kind of transformer... Im working on c12a circuit boards, they will fit bm800 body....PSU boards too.

Wow. I can't believe I missed this.

If anyone changes their mind and wants to back out, let me know. I need two T14/1s for a pair of C12s I'm building and wouldn't mind a third to replace the AMI T14 in my Ela M 251. I've sure had success replacing transformers with Moby's; I'm assuming I'd get similar results with my 251.

Regret that I missed the t14 list also. If anyone changes their mind, or a next round comes up soon, let me know.

TLRT said:
Why hurts? I'm a very nice guy!:D

No worries, I won't take it personally.

Either way, if anyone else decides they want out, I still really want in on the group buy as I have almost all the other parts now for my C12 pair.

I still hope Moby will have stock beyond the group buy for future purchase but I'm guessing that's a ways down the road.

Here are the photos of the redesigned bobbins and winded test coils. I made the T14/1 injection tool year ago but to be honest I was not 100% happy with it. Now all works as a charm. It's really small sized piece and walls are tiny so it was really challenging.
I still experiment with the laminations final heat treatment. So far it looks good, (measuring and listening) but I want to try few more approaches. Since the complete process is made under Hydrogen protective atmosphere and with 1200c temperature it also takes some time and money. But who cares ;)
Stay tuned!
uc

uc

lukas said:
...I can give my 2pcs to Delta Sigma.
No worries about it. People here just made the reservations. Feeler... As soon I finish it we will start again with purchases

Looks like I'm late to the party as well, I would really like to get my hands on one of these for my 251 clone.

Moby was so nice and sent me his first c12a transformer! So i had to design microphone pcbs. Im testing mic more than 4 weeks and have to say, its finaly done!

Thanks Moby for your great work!

Attachments

• IMG_20201229_114414.jpg
    IMG_20201229_114414.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 56
Back