FEELER: Moby´s V2545 transformer reincarnation CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey again. Here is the most interesting situation in this kind of "business". Take a look what happened after the heat treatment. The middle part of the lamination is literally welded. Complete batch must be trashed... wish me luck with this, and sorry, it will take some time to fix it. View attachment 97110

Ah, so sorry to hear this! Good luck with the fix

Hi everybody. Sorry for waiting but fixing the laminations issue took some time. But... It's fixed and lam's are top notch especially by magnetics properties. Coils are fully finished. Assembling and final test is on the way. It will be completed ASAP. @Vac11 , please contact all the guys regarding this. Cheers!
1.jpg2.jpg

Money sent! Plus a tiny bit of "rounding error" (to hopefully buy you a drink for your work in organizing this group buy).

PayPal said funds will be available tomorrow--don't know why it wasn't immediate delivery.

Thanks again!!

I’ve been interested in this from afar…

Did the laminates fuse at the edges and screw holes for you?

How do you get them separate without bending them up. I read a remark about a stamp, but am not understanding.

Just curious.

I’ve been interested in this from afar…

Did the laminates fuse at the edges and screw holes for you?

How do you get them separate without bending them up. I read a remark about a stamp, but am not understanding.

Just curious.
I'm not sure I understand your question perfectly, but problem was with the small gap. M type of laminations is one piece shape, if you know what I mean. So... We enlarged the gap and did the heat treatment again to achieve the magnetica properties.

I'm not sure I understand your question perfectly, but problem was with the small gap. M type of laminations is one piece shape, if you know what I mean. So... We enlarged the gap and did the heat treatment again to achieve the magnetica properties.
To elaborate. Laminations were not welded to each other, but the middle part of the "M" was welded after the heat treatment because the gap was too small. Here we talk about +/-0.05mm. Some physical distortion of the shape is possible after 4 hours @ 1200c.... The middle part has to be movable so the core can be assembled. I hope I was clear enaugh.

Yes, definitely clear, and thanks for entertaining my question. I really appreciate the insight into the process.

More than 50% of payments collected.

List of members:

soapfoot 2pcs paid
murdock 2pcs paid
lampas 4pcs paid
buttercup 2pcs paid
JerryPbury 2pcs paid
burdoto 1pcs paid
geareyes 4pcs paid
doqmemory 2pcs paid
johnchantler 2pcs paid
TLRT 4pcs paid