Genuine components for vintage tube mic (AKG NEUMANN TELE C12 U47 ELAM)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ln76d

I suggest to make a list of brands (and types) genuine components (especially passive) for German/Austrian classic Tube mics.
I found on the net that some folks ask about resistors brands etc.
Probably some of you would be interested to build "close as possible" clones and i think it's good to collect all informations in one topic.
My research is based upon pictures from the internet.
Some of those parts are still available especially on "bay" auctions:)
I'll update the list from time to time and feel free to share with informations:)
If someone has pictures (inside) of the microphones, especially rare pictures (or high resolution), please paste it:)

Thanks;)

Lets start!

AKG C12:

Resistors:
-Siemens (wirewound and Karbowid)
-Beyschlag (wirewound and carbon film)

Capacitors (all were axial Siemens):
- 0.5uF MP (Metal Paper)
- 1nF (early version - ceramic, late - styroflex/polysteryne)
- 5nF (styroflex/polysteryne)

AKG C24:

Resistors:
-Siemens (carbon film)
-Beyschlag (carbon film)

Capacitors (all Siemens):
- 1nF, 4.7nF Siemens Styroflex
- 100pF Rosenthal Tube Ceramic

TELEFUNKEN ELAM 251:

Resistors (wirewound):
-Ingelen (wirewound)

NEUMANN U67:

Resitors:

-Beyschlag (carbon film)
-Siemens (Karbowid and carbon film)

Capacitors:
- Wima (TFF and TFM)
- Siemens styroflex (found only one - "100K" black ring - 100pF/10%/630V)

Only available up 1M5 in carbon film.

http://www.vishay.com/company/brands/beyschlag/productsleadedcarbon.html

We need an option for the 30M and 250M. I did find some of the correct glazed glass material on Ebay from a Chinese supplier, but at 5W they turned out to be far to large to fit.

ln76d said:
AKG C12:

Resistors (found only two suppliers):

Regards,
Mark

Maybe i was not so precise. I didn't mean parts from new production. Vishay/Beyschlag new resistors have nothing to do with 60's Beyschlag resistors. Those parts usual are available on the auctions and if well look - probably some surplus sales etc.
I bought few days ago a big pack of old german parts. For the C12 i have same as in orignal Siemens and Bayschlag 500K resistors and Beyschlag 100k resistors (each type which can be found on the pictures). I have Beyshlag 27Mohm, 22Mohm, 40Mohm, 20Mohm so for 30Mohm i will use some from it with additional resistor in series, to get 30Mohm.

For the 250Mohm (30Mohm are there too) the chinese glaze resistors probably would be ok, but not the 5W - they also sells 3W, which are only thicker than genuine resistors.

Back