I have a question about these micro tube mic ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are talking about powering the whole tube with P48 and I believe that's what done with Kinkgorgs mic.
Oh, what I mean is that if heating doesn't become a problem in ECC88 and other electronic tube microphones, then microtubes won't either, that's all:)

By the way, some electronic tubes are designed to operate at extremely low voltages and currents, but those are likely to have significant distortion issues. It is best to refer to the data sheet to confirm this. Electronic tube microphones have been around for nearly a hundred years, and many engineers have conducted research on them. There is a reason why phantom powered electronic tube microphones have not appeared. If they cannot bring better performance than FET, they will be meaningless:(

I think this one you posted in another thread is even more intriguing. Wonder what the device is? Maybe a nuvistor? Also doesn't seem to be connected.
Oh, and also, this electronic tube comes from China/Soviet Union, starting with 1z8 and with a maximum of 1z11. It is a high back pressure pulse rectifier tube, usually used for high-voltage pulse rectification in televisions, and can provide approximately a few mA of current. As you can see, the metal cap on the top of this electronic tube is designed to pass high voltage.

Correction: The maximum current of 1z11 is 300 μA

By the way, some electronic tubes are designed to operate at extremely low voltages and currents, but those are likely to have significant distortion issues. It is best to refer to the data sheet to confirm this. Electronic tube microphones have been around for nearly a hundred years, and many engineers have conducted research on them. There is a reason why phantom powered electronic tube microphones have not appeared. If they cannot bring better performance than FET, they will be meaningless:(
Yes. The datasheet of the 6418 tube I posted here earlier states 12% total distortion. What ever that means, it doesn't imply very hi-fi performance. (Though the spec is for using it as a power tube in a hearing aid device I think.)

Oh, that makes sense. Deaf people usually only need to amplify the sound in the frequency band where the human voice is located, so reducing design difficulty in this way is economical (just like radio)
Yes. The datasheet of the 6418 tube I posted here earlier states 12% total distortion. What ever that means, it doesn't imply very hi-fi performance. (Though the spec is for using it as a power tube in a hearing aid device I think.)

Back