M7 AliExpress

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool, Candice is doing these now! Thank you for the link!

edit: i ordered one, i will let you know what i think of it

Last edited:
You get what you pay for...
Their k47 is very good, the microphones i made with their capsules sound better than commercial ones from known brands. I understand your point of view, but i think that in the present times we have to find a balance with things and work with imperfection as an ally..

Ideal + ideal often results in disappointment, while 'making things work' gives character.

To each his own, of course :)

As interesting as it sounds there's got to be a reason M7 capsules tend to cost $300+. I wouldn't want to cheap out on a type of capsule that both uses PVC and has membranes glued into place. If you want a cheap M7 capsule I would just go with a K47 that's dark like that. @soliloqueen knows of a factory that has some like that, and 3U Audio's MKIID capsule is supposed to be like that. There's also the issue of machining, the backplates on cheap ones might not be accurate.

Just a wild guess, but it could be that they took the drawings from this forum. They were posted at the end of 2020, and we know they sometimes take a look here

As interesting as it sounds there's got to be a reason M7 capsules tend to cost $300+. I wouldn't want to cheap out on a type of capsule that both uses PVC and has membranes glued into place. If you want a cheap M7 capsule I would just go with a K47 that's dark like that. @soliloqueen knows of a factory that has some like that, and 3U Audio's MKIID capsule is supposed to be like that. There's also the issue of machining, the backplates on cheap ones might not be accurate.
3u m7s are like $60 or something in bulk. The reason they cost $200 is because people will pay it. The reason boutique m7s cost a lot is because gap cutting them at small volumes is a logistical nightmare and skinning them is a nightmare at any volume.

Last edited:
3u m7s are like $60 or something in bulk. The reason they cost $300 is because people will pay it. The reason boutique m7s cost a lot is because gap cutting them at small volumes is a logistical nightmare and skinning them is a nightmare at any volume.
I figured that was part of it, but also that it might also be harder to make accurately. I've heard a couple complaints that the backplate on the 3U Audio one isn't accurate for an M7 capsule, I think I saw it in a thread on here, or maybe it was on Gearspace (formerly Gearslutz). One was a that someone who reskins M7s won't do the 3U Audio one, and another was somebody was offered the backplates for sale and they weren't accurate, though I might be mistaking that for another Chinese M7.

Last edited:
I believe that was Ben from beesneez who was offered the backplates. I don't think its been confirmed that they were the same backplate as 3U is using.
Ah, okay. I actually just found the thread so I see it wasn't confirmed. I'm still not sure if I saw the reskinning issue here or Gearspace, but for $180 I don't think it'd be a problem unless 3U goes under.

this M7 is not 3 u audio production, but the price is cheaper, Testing high frequency is less.

Attachments

• CHINA M7.jpg
    CHINA M7.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thinking on ordering m7 from Aly express .
Anybody who tried one out, any updates on how it sounds would be appreciate.

I had stocked the 3U for a while... after tarriffs, freight, cost of doing business, I was selling at $199 but they moved pretty slowly. If enough people express interest I will stock them here in the U.S. again. Dont meant to hijack the thread, so you can PM me if that's something you're interested in.

Back