"Manley Power" Reference Silver PSU - But no microphone- useless?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galshaya

Hi!
Finally having something to post after lurking for so long.

Been to the 34th street Sam Ash that's closing this Sunday and saw this PSU with the original mic case for $60,
turns out someone stole the microphone but not the PSU 🤦‍♂️

I bought it maybe as an educational project, but with a secret wish to use it for a DIY mic or even mod it for a rack unit of some sort.
I have to admit, I'm still taking my first steps in this world and the specifics of PSUs are still a little fuzzy to me.

So I'm wondering if this has any sort of potential for an interesting project or did I basically donate to the Sam Ash bankruptcy fund?

This is the power supply but I can't find more technical specs or any information if anyone tried it with other gear.
The thing that already confuses me is that in the video on the page, EvaAnna Manley is saying that it runs at 125hz but it's marked 50/60hz.

Anyway, I'd love any input, even if it's worthless, the case itself is probably worth it and it's super high quality.
Thanks!

1716502038907.jpeg

I thought bought a Rode NTK for “a really good price” from Goodwill thrift store online, until I realized it had probably come from the teen bedroom of a thief, and needed the PSU.

Rode wanted nothing to do with me and second market mics. I couldn’t get a power supply without buying a whole kit. But eventually I found a music dealer willing to sell me an as new PSU.

My good deal wasn’t a bad deal in the end but I wound up having a lot more NTK than I thought I was buying. You might get comments if you post it for sale but you might make a non-criminal very happy to buy a karma-free Manley PSU.

Good luck!

Depending on the current rating, it might make a good PSU for a tube preamp or DI box. It can be hard to find suitable mains transformers for tube projects otherwise.

Thanks! These are super helpful, I think I'm gonna hold on to it for now and hopefully use it when I feel more comfortable with tube circuits

Latest posts

Back