Mic Parts from Shuaiyin?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wordsushi

GDIY Supporter
Call me crazy, but know what would be great? If we had a thread where we could talk about what Shuaiyin mic parts are available to the DIY community and which ones people recommend. I for one am interested in finding out more since it seems that a few of you have bought stuff directly from them and they now have a public-access store on Ali.

I'm personally interested in finding out what mic bodies they have available that can be bought one unit at a time.

As you said they also have an aliexpress store and hopefully a White Market store to find out exactly what's available. I would also be very interested in hearing members first hand experiences with not only their product but also their buying experiences and quality of service.
I am especially looking forward to what technical data they have offered to share.

I myself have had great communications and prices from Maggie about their 414 bodies which look terrific.
The last price I was given on the 414 body was 75 USD for 1 pc.

Last edited:
Agreed on the 414 bodies. I actually got a whole mic, though it definitely needs some work. The capsule it came with sounds awful. Might just throw an edge terminated K67 in there.

Last edited:
Few times I tried ordering directly from Shuaiyin but shipping was crazy expensive, in some cases even more that the cost of the mics i wanted to order.
Hopefully this will improve with new management.

Cheers

Yes. Everything I have ordered from China has had very expensive , slow shipping and into the EU they must charge local sales tax so there is really no savings ordering direct :(

Last edited:
My experiences with shipping from China to switzerland are fine. Bought a lot of heavy duty multipin connectors, took 10 days, reasonable shipping quotes.

As far as I can tell, they are currently only selling the ShuaiYin SYP-250 on their Alibaba store, for individual microphone bodies. It's a shame that the only option for the rest is to obtain donor bodies from buying the full microphone instead of just the body itself.

https://cnshuaiyin.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-934186287/Mic_Parts.html?spm=a2700.shop_pl.88.16
Granted, buying directly from Shuaiyin will definitely allow for a more expansive catalog, but with the shipping fees, etc. it would be much more preferable to buy from somewhere at least more well known (just like many AliExpress items would be much more popular if they were purchasable off of Amazon). Perhaps there are additional listings on TaoBao, but the search engine optimization on that website makes it difficult to filter out all the unrelated items.

Well the upside is Maggie is here, and hopefully reading this, so we can hopefully ask her about more information as I'm sure she is happy to share.

Last edited:
Oh I see,
that look much better than the other one, sharp edges like the vintage 414, and it has the switches.
Well it seems perfect and the price is amazing

Latest posts

Back