Mic Parts from Shuaiyin?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Are those pcbs made specifically for this type of body?)
(Are they a 414 circuit?)

yes, and yes.

(Can’t seem to find those pcbs in Vamisound website)

find the link that says “shop” and you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Are those pcbs made specifically for this type of body?
Are they a 414 circuit?

Can’t seem to find those pcbs in Vamisound website
These C414 EB 48V PCBs are exactly made for these Micbody, only for these bodies and 100 Percent according to the original schematic. No difference. Also the Layout is better / less chaotic imo than compared to the original PCBs, it uses isolated Pins for Hi impedance parts.... Noisefloor is really excellent for this low output design of 6mV/Pa - if you use best parts like C0Gs, original Transistors ... It is an ultimative "wow" Mic, the desert Island Mic...... Ask Milan "VAC11" directly.

These C414 EB 48V PCBs are exactly made for these Micbody, only for these bodies and 100 Percent according to the original schematic. No difference. Also the Layout is better / less chaotic imo than compared to the original PCBs, it uses isolated Pins for Hi impedance parts.... Noisefloor is really excellent for this low output design of 6mV/Pa - if you use best parts like C0Gs, original Transistors ... It is an ultimative "wow" Mic, the desert Island Mic...... Ask Milan "VAC11" directly.
Thank you for the kind words about our printed circuit boards.

It is indeed an exact replica of the C414EB-P48 circuit. The one without the DC-DC converter to polarization voltage.

When I designed the boards, I intended to make a full clone including the switches. This was finally done thanks to the mentioned body. My next effort was to make all the HiZ section around the capsule connections on teflon pins. Whole section around input FET is point to point. After several revisions of the circuit board, I finally managed to do it all to my satisfaction.

Of course, I had to do some comporomises as well. The body is very small so it's not easy to put all the boards together. Everything is miniature. Subsequent servicing of a microphone built like this can be a challenge too. It's not a good beginner project. For experienced DIY dudes, however, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I fitted one of these clones with Tim's capsule and I must admit I was very happy with the result. I rate the hyper cardiode in particular as a very useful pattern of this mike. Overall, with all the switching options, it is a good work horse in the studio.

There's also a nice manual on our website that I created while building it. You can check it out for inspiration.

Best

Milan

Last edited:
There's also a nice manual on our website that I created while building it. You can check it out for inspiration.
I wish you would include schematics in your manuals, I very much dislike building anything without one. Particularly regarding future repairs, having the actual schematic to the pcb is much better than having to reference the original one and wonder which part is which. But in general, just soldering parts without knowing for each what it is makes me feel a bit uneasy ;).

I wish you would include schematics in your manuals, I very much dislike building anything without one. Particularly regarding future repairs, having the actual schematic to the pcb is much better than having to reference the original one and wonder which part is which. But in general, just soldering parts without knowing for each what it is makes me feel a bit uneasy ;).
“It is indeed an exact replica of the C414EB-P48 circuit. The one without the DC-DC converter to polarization voltage.”

Wouldn’t this mean that you could use an already published schematic?

To Volker and studiosleve: Yes, use the original schematic. The components on the boards are labeled the same.... No difference. I'm generally not opposed to sending a schematic from a pcb layout program if you insist on it.

To Volker and studiosleve: Yes, use the original schematic. The components on the boards are labeled the same.... No difference. I'm generally not opposed to sending a schematic from a pcb layout program if you insist on it.
Ok, but the same goes for all the other pcbs you sell as well. You already drew the schematic in order to design the pcb, just makes no sense to me not to include it.

I see your point. My schematics from Fusion and Eagle are often not very neat. I have a certain style of thinking and that translates into the final look and logic of the schematic in the pcb design program. I need to think about how to create a clear schematic without my subjective shortcuts so that it is clear to people.....

Latest posts

Back