MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for your patience - finally - the next batch is coming, sale is starting on monday. check the first post.

-max

I have one waiting for Skylar's body but conveniently forgot hints of a good source for the mount for the tube , Europe
Thanks

Matti

What sort of extra parts did you mean in the first post? Really interested, but if i can get more in one go thats definately more convenient.

Someone compared them with the wunder cm7 and gt.

They said they sounded just as good, different, but just as good.

TheGuitarist said:
Someone compared them with the wunder cm7 and gt.

They said they sounded just as good, different, but just as good.
Does the finished build resemble any particular mic in sound? Is this more forward, deep lows, prone to sibilance, etc kind of mic.

> Can you tell how many sets there will be after next 20?

i will have enough to supply anyone in this thread and more.

btw Emperor Tomato Ketchup finished and described his (beautiful!) build here http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36857.0

Will the next batch of kits have additional parts? Or will that be further in the future.

Oh and fwiw

http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=7&page=0

he has some steel tubes there. Any useable in this project or better than what you're including?

Wow, i missed that Beesneez website, they have it all, and for a ok price concerning mic body etc... Don't know if Skylar heard about that???

Thats only just popped up in the last couple of days, i went to check if he had capsule mounts for his k47s. Waiting to hear back on him for that front.

Oh ok, i tought it was there for a couple of time, the website was kind of showing that, anyway, that's going to be a little mess for Skylar's body project, the headbasket is made in one piece for the beez while Skylar wants to do in "the more original way", but that's very close to a U47 headbasket to my eyes, maybe they are working together  ???, because Skylar didn't mentionned his company actually ( my first impression was China), but the body looks good, and the fact that you can buy plain or nickel  is cool also, seems that the guy is on the prodigy, because mic body seem to be a demanded item now, some close pictures would have been nice, i just emailed for the shipping price etc... I'm curious.

PS: Sorry for talking about this in the MK7 tube mic sets.

hi all,

the release will be delayed one week or ten days - i have to get some other work done for a scheduled business trip to berlin before i get to it.
thanks for your understanding,
-max

Latest posts

Back