Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know the deal with SF...i used to work in a musical instrument store in for 5 years! :shock: pretty neato that they are willing to do something like the engraving though!!

i thought that the case I got from studio economik was raxxess...at least thats what the receipt said. the actual chassis had a middle atlantic sticker, so i figured raxxess was just a reseller.

tungsten, where are you getting the chassis' to go with your engraved panels?

I had a bunch of par-metal ones around for this project but before I've used lotsa reclaimed chassis - Yorkville elite processors are around for cheap, old Behringer, whatever...put a new faceplate on it and who knows whats behind but you? Some of my racked up modules went in Video distrubution chassis, telecom stuff, whatever was at a surplus place for dirt cheap....even on Ebay I've found lotsa cheap chassis over the years. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a broken/crappy unit for $9.99 and with $10-15 shipping it isn't that pricey. But a par-metal case is $50ish and looks good.

I also have access to Penn-elcom cases, but they are pricey, over the $100 mark, but very nice. single piece sides/back and removable top and bottom with pressnuts.

[quote author="Tungstengruvsten"]OK guys here are the pics (Sorry Jim, I've only been on top of this for a couple months...)[/quote]

You know I was joking right?

The picts look great! For the price I can't find anything that beats it. thanks for the info.

I've been trying out a local banner printer that uses gigantic industrial inkjet printers. Advantage there is that you can use any color, font, graphics etc. Disadvantage is no white printing and the ink does not harden/stick well on plain aluminum. Better on anodized and very well on painted aluminum.

I'm may try your method on my EZ1290 and MP-2 pres.

For SF-Marketing products I deal with Media Musique on St-Michel. Mario there gives you really great service. Tell him I sent you if you haven't gone there yet. (shameless plug for my favorite dealer).

jim

great idea about getting together. Most of my projects need time and not parts, busy like everyone else. Would be cool to meet and talk and share ideas.

byron

Hey All,
I'm up in Mile-End. There seems to be a bunch of folks from St. Henri, but the only place I can think of is Blackjack, which might not be the best place for a DIY nerdout. There are a few decent places around here, Cafe Romolo (Parc and Bernard) can be pretty quiet when the Habs aren't playing.

Should we try to get something organized before the holidays?

-arlen

something before the holidays would be fine for me....Romolo would probably be a pretty good spot, they have that swanky area way at the back with those big couches.

i also had the thought that if someone had a decent sized home studio or something itd be fun to do some gear tryouts/shoot out kinda deals for fun. i have a really large double living room at my place that could comfortably accomadate about 8-10 people or so...but i haven't done soundproofing in the basment yet so we couldn't be tooo loud...or maybe someone else has a studio or jamspace that would be fitting for trying out some louder stuff.

that being said...i think a meet and greet kinda deal is a good idea for the first time...some beers and some geeking out, sounds fun!

tyler

Jakob, I wish you could be with us too ! :grin:

You maybe don't understand french but you understand electronic circuits :wink: !

Thank you again Jakob for making these projects possible !

eD))

[quote author="gyraf"]Wish I could be with you - though I don't understand a word french...
Jakob E.[/quote]

'love to have you with us Jacob! I could be the translator
:razz:

jim

Latest posts

Back